This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Now that summer is coming, I am always looking for ways to maximize the time we have to relax; good quick meals often help me do this. I heard about CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN® Hand Tossed Oven Ready Pizza, and I knew it would be a great solution to the weeknight crunch, and we could easily bake this up, enjoy from Basil Infused Iced Tea, and still have time to relax before bed.
The California White pizza, topped with tomatoes, spinach, and cheese, is SO delicious. It feels like we are ordering take-out at half the cost.
Cooking it straight from the freezer also saves time because I don’t have to wait for anything to defrost.
The best part about the pizza is it takes less than 20 minutes to bake and then it’s ready to go!
I like to whip up this basil infused iced tea the night before we will be drinking it. It’s so easy to make, but it’s best if it sits for 24 hours before you drink it – this allows the flavors to meld and really shine.
- 8 bags of black tea (or your favorite kind!)
- 1 lemon
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- sugar, if desired for sweetening
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1. In a large pot over high heat, add water; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, add tea bags and the juice and peel of the lemon. Cover pot; allow to steep for 10-60 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard. Allow to cool for 1 hour in pot.
- 2. Add ice to large pitcher. Add basil leaves; pour cooled tea over the top. Cover the top of the pitcher (use saran wrap or press and seal); place into fridge and allow to chill for at least 12 hours before serving.
- 3. Serve in glasses over ice. Add sugar if desired.
- Do NOT pour boiling hot water into your glass pitcher - there is a good chance it will break. Wait at least an hour for the tea to cool down.
What are you whipping up this summer? How do you find time to relax in the evening?
Thanks for visiting!