Set it and forget it! This Caramel Apple Cider made in the slow cooker has only 3 ingredients, will leave your house smelling amazing, and warms your soul.
Y’all…fall is upon us and I’m seriously obsessed with everything fall – food, college football, hay rides, pumpkin patches, foliage, cooler weather, falling leaves, Halloween, sweaters, boots…seriously, you name it, I love it. In my opinion, there is nothing better than sitting outside on a cool fall day (I’m talking 50-55 degrees), wrapped in a nice soft sweater, with a hot mug of caramel apple cider, and watching my babies play in the leaves. I mean, it’s perfect. This year I decided to whip up some spiced caramel apple cider in my slow cooker, because…why not? It fills my house with that amazing fall aroma, and it warms my soul! The recipe for this Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider is delicious and super easy.
When I first whipped this Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider up, and started drinking it, I had totally forgotten the whipped cream. So, in true Starbucks fashion, I added some. I’m glad I did, because it was sooo good! AND the caramel drizzle?! Yes, you need that too. If you need a recommendation on a slow cooker, I LOVE my snap lid slow cooker from Crock Pot! It’s the best!
Like I mentioned earlier, this Caramel Apple Cider recipe is SUPER simple. You only need a handful of ingredients and then you just let it cook, so easy! I didn’t go the homemade route for my whipped cream or caramel this time, but you can, if you want. I have a great homemade caramel sauce recipe as well! I feel like this recipe is so easy that using a dollop of store bought whipped cream and a little drizzle of caramel sauce isn’t too bad…I mean, I couldn’t tell the difference.
When to make Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider:
- Friday night lights: Bring this delicious caramel apple cider to your kid’s Friday night football game and everyone will be swarming you!
- Heading to the pumpkin patch? Make this the night before then fill your thermos’s with Caramel Apple Cider. Sip on the cider while you stroll along the pumpkins and ride the hayride.
- Hosting a fall brunch? This is the perfect drink to serve alongside coffee and Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls!
- Having a girl’s night out? Cook up this Caramel Apple Cider in your slow cooker and then serve spiked with brandy, bourbon, or rum – YUM!
- 64 ounces apple cider or apple juice I have used both and they both work great
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce or topping, found in the ice cream aisle, plus more for garnish
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream caramel sauce, sliced apples
Combine cider/juice, ground cinnamon, and caramel sauce in the slow cooker; whisk well to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours (however, you can't really overcook this). Serve in mason jars or mugs, top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and garnish with apple slices. Enjoy!
Like fall recipes as much as I do?! Check out these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!