Set it and forget it! This Crock Pot Caramel Apple Cider has only 3 ingredients, will leave your house smelling amazing, and warms your soul. Perfect for fall!Fall is upon us and I'm seriously obsessed with everything fall – the food, college football, hay rides, pumpkin patches, foliage, cooler weather, falling leaves, Halloween, sweaters, boots…you name it, I love it. This year I decided to whip up some spiced caramel apple cider in my slow cooker, because…why not? It fills my house with that amazing fall aroma, and it warms my soul! The recipe for this Crock Pot Caramel Apple Cider is delicious and super easy, you'll be making it all the time this fall season!
When I first whipped this Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider up, I had totally forgotten the whipped cream. So, in true Starbucks fashion, I added some. I’m glad I did, because it was sooo good! AND the caramel drizzle?! Yes, you need that too. If you need a recommendation on a slow cooker, I LOVE my snap lid slow cooker from Crock Pot! It's the best!
How to Make Crock Pot Apple Cider:
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and printable directions**
- Combine the apple cider or apple juice, ground cinnamon, and caramel sauce in the slow cooker; whisk well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours (however, you can't really overcook this). Your house is about to smell AMAZING!
- Serve in mason jars or mugs, topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and garnished with apple slices. Enjoy!
Like I mentioned earlier, this Caramel Apple Cider recipe is SUPER simple. You only need a handful of ingredients and then you just let it cook, so easy! I didn’t go the homemade route for my whipped cream or caramel this time, but you can, if you want. I have a great homemade caramel sauce recipe as well!
When to make Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider:
- Friday night lights: Bring this delicious caramel apple cider to your kid's Friday night football game and everyone will be swarming you!
- Heading to the pumpkin patch? Make this the night before then fill your thermos's with Caramel Apple Cider. Sip on the cider while you stroll along the pumpkins and ride the hayride.
- Hosting a fall brunch? This is the perfect drink to serve alongside coffee and Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls!
- Having a girl's night out? Cook up this Caramel Apple Cider in your slow cooker and then serve spiked with brandy, bourbon, or rum - YUM!
Fall inspired MEALS to serve with Caramel Apple Cider:
- Pumpkin Pancakes are a fall breakfast staple! Adding Greek yogurt lightens them up, adds protein, and keeps the pancakes delicious and moist!
- One Pot Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta is creamy and comforting with cheese and pumpkin paired together in this delicious one pot meal!
- Apple Grilled Cheese is perfect for fall! Smokey gouda cheese melted between tart granny smith apples is savory and delicious!
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake is packed with apples and then smothered in whipped cream and caramel. It’s the easiest most delicious fall cake!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
- 64 ounces apple cider or apple juice I have used both and they both work great
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup caramel sauce or topping, found in the ice cream aisle, plus more for garnish
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream caramel sauce, sliced apples
Combine cider/juice, ground cinnamon, and caramel sauce in the slow cooker; whisk well to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours (however, you can't really overcook this). Serve in mason jars or mugs, top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and garnish with apple slices. Enjoy!