The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, they’re easy and guilt-free with only 121 calories per serving!
If you’ve tried out my recipes for Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Asparagus Fries, or Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, then you know that I love the Air Fryer, and that you don’t need oil or a long cook time to make a delicious healthy snack or side dish. This green bean fries recipe is so fast and easy that you’ll want to make them all the time!
Making these Air Fryer Zucchini fries couldn’t be easier! They come together in no time, without having to dredge in flour (hello, easy!), and cook in less than 10 minutes! The zucchini slices stay tender and not soggy, yet have a delicious crispy coating on the outside! Healthy and majorly delicious much like Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, or Air Fryer Avocado Fries.
You do need an Air Fryer (see below for recommendations) to make these in only 7 minutes, but you could also bake them. See below for directions on that.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries:
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and step by step printable directions**
- Prep the zucchini: I used mini zucchini, trimmed off the stem and end, then cut into 4ths. If you use full size zucchini, trim off the ends, then cut in half, then cut in 4th’s.
- Make an assembly line: setup whisked egg in a shallow bowl, and the breadcrumb coating in another shallow bowl.
- Taking a handful of zucchini slices at a time, drop into the eggs and toss around until coated. Using thongs, lift a few slices out, let them drip a bit, then place into the breadcrumb coating mixture. Shake the slices around until the are fully coated. Place them side by side with a little space in the air fryer, then repeat for the rest of the zucchini slices.
- Set the Air Fryer for 7 minutes and 400 degrees. Once timer goes off, carefully remove and do the next bath of zucchini fries. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as BIG MAC SAUCE, COPYCAT ZAX SAUCE, or JALAPENO RANCH!
How to BAKE Zucchini Fries:
- Use the same directions in terms of prepping and coating the zucchini slices. Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Place zucchini fries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, then flip over. Cook 5-7 more minutes or until crispy. To crisp coating further, turn oven to broil on HIGH and broil for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Serve hot!
Best dips for Zucchini Fries:
I love a great sauce or dip with my fries, and these are ALL great options:
- The Best Ever Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Big Mac Sauce (copycat recipe)
- Chipotle Ranch Dip
- COPYCAT Zax Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Outback Bloomin’ Onion Sauce
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Green Bean Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, it’s easy and guilt-free.
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, quick, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
- Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts – perfect dinner companion! Roasted with a delicious spicy sweet glaze that everyone will love!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus has only 2 ingredients and takes a fraction of the typical time, this will be your favorite way to cook asparagus!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, they're easy and guilt-free.
- 4 large zucchini or 8 mini zucchini, rinsed and ends removed
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1/3 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 TBS everything but the bagel seasoning or garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, poppy seeds- 1/8 tsp each
- 2 TBS parmesan cheese
- oil spray
Prepare the zucchini by cutting off the stem and ends; Wash and dry. If using large zucchini, cut the zucchini in half length-wise, then cut into 1/4ths so they are in 'fry' slices. If using mini zucchini, just cut into 1/4th slices.
In a shallow bowl, add egg and a 1 TBS of water, then whisk and beat until a little frothy. Add a handful of zucchini and toss around to coat.
In a separate shallow dish or bowl, add panko breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs, cheese, and spices.
Add the zucchini fries a few at a time, and toss until coated. Place them into the air fryer tray. Repeat until all zucchini are coated.
Add fries to the air fryer basket, do not place them too close together. Lightly spray the tops with oil, and close.
Set air fryer for 400 degrees and 7 minutes. Check and if they are browned then remove, if not cook 1-2 more minutes.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
4 servings of about 8 fries per serving: 121 calories, 7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 19g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 6g sugar, 8g protein.