The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, they're easy and guilt-free with only 121 calories per serving!
If you’ve tried out my recipes for Air Fryer French Fries, Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Asparagus Fries, Air Fryer Sweet Potato fries, or Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, then you know that I love the Air Fryer, and that you don’t need oil or a long cook time to make a delicious healthy snack or side dish. This green bean fries recipe is so fast and easy that you’ll want to make them all the time!
Making these Air Fryer Zucchini fries couldn't be easier! They come together in no time, without having to dredge in flour (hello, easy!), and cook in less than 10 minutes! The zucchini slices stay tender and not soggy, yet have a delicious crispy coating on the outside! Healthy and majorly delicious much like Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, or Air Fryer Avocado Fries.
You do need an Air Fryer (see below for recommendations) to make these in only 7 minutes, but you could also bake them. See below for directions on that.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries:
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and step by step printable directions**
- Prep the zucchini: I used mini zucchini, trimmed off the stem and end, then cut into 4ths. If you use full size zucchini, trim off the ends, then cut in half, then cut in 4th's.
- Make an assembly line: setup whisked egg in a shallow bowl, and the breadcrumb coating in another shallow bowl.
- Taking a handful of zucchini slices at a time, drop into the eggs and toss around until coated. Using tongs, lift a few slices out, let them drip a bit, then place into the breadcrumb coating mixture. Shake the slices around until the are fully coated. Place them side by side with a little space in the air fryer, then repeat for the rest of the zucchini slices.
- Set the Air Fryer for 7 minutes and 400 degrees. Once timer goes off, carefully remove and do the next bath of zucchini fries. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as BIG MAC SAUCE, COPYCAT ZAX SAUCE, or JALAPENO RANCH!
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven, 6 Quart: 6-in-1, Broil, Roast, Dehydrate, Bake, Non-stick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Stainless Steel
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
How to BAKE Zucchini Fries:
- Use the same directions in terms of prepping and coating the zucchini slices. Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Place zucchini fries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, then flip over. Cook 5-7 more minutes or until crispy. To crisp coating further, turn oven to broil on HIGH and broil for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Serve hot!
Best dips for Zucchini Fries:
I love a great sauce or dip with my fries, and these are ALL great options:
- The Best Ever Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Big Mac Sauce (copycat recipe)
- Chipotle Ranch Dip
- COPYCAT Zax Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Garlic Aioli
- Copycat Outback Bloomin’ Onion Sauce
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Green Bean Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, it's easy and guilt-free.
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, quick, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
- Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts – perfect dinner companion! Roasted with a delicious spicy sweet glaze that everyone will love!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus has only 2 ingredients and takes a fraction of the typical time, this will be your favorite way to cook asparagus!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Email
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Zucchini Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, they're easy and guilt-free.
- 4 large zucchini or 8 mini zucchini, rinsed and ends removed
- 1 medium egg
- 1 TBS water
- ⅓ cup regular breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 TBS everything but the bagel seasoning (in place of this you can use garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, poppy seeds- ⅓ teaspoon each)
- 2 TBS parmesan cheese
- oil spray
Prepare the zucchini by cutting off the stem and ends; Wash and dry. If using large zucchini, cut the zucchini in half length-wise, then cut into ¼ths so they are in 'fry' slices. If using mini zucchini, just cut into ¼th slices.
In a shallow bowl, add egg and a 1 TBS of water, then whisk and beat until a little frothy. Add a handful of zucchini and toss around to coat.
In a separate shallow dish or bowl, add panko breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs, cheese, and spices.
Add the zucchini fries a few at a time, and toss until coated. Place them into the air fryer tray. Repeat until all zucchini are coated.
Add fries to the air fryer basket, do not place them too close together. Lightly spray the tops with oil, and close.
Set air fryer for 400 degrees and 7 minutes. Check and if they are browned then remove, if not cook 1-2 more minutes.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
4 servings of about 8 fries per serving: 121 calories, 7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 19g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 6g sugar, 8g protein.
We absolutely love these in are home! They are such a fantastic alternative to fries and to me taste way better. Thank you for an easy to make and easy to follow recipe.
These turned out so crispy and delicious. The flavor was GREAT!
I love this easy way to eat veggies. Crispy and full of flavor not calories! YUM.
One of my favorite things to make in the air fryer!
I got an air fryer for Christmas. I'm totally making these! They sound amazing!!
I keep meaning to get an air fryer and this give me all the more incentive to jump on board, yum!
Can't beat a guilt0free easy snack like these fries! I can't wait to try them out in my new air fryer.
What a great side!
I'm super obsessed with our air fryer right now! These were delicious to make! Love that we don't have to use oil!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
These Air Fryer Zucchini fries would disappear in our house!
This is my first attempt at using my air fryer. They were delicious. I added a touch of cayenne for a little heat. Served them with a dill yogurt sauce. Thank you!
My breadcrumbs barely stuck to the zucchini. Any thoughts on what might have gone wrong?
Hi Todd - I am sorry to hear that! I guess it's hard for me to say since I wasn't there, BUT Make sure that the zucchini are dry when you coat them in the egg mixture, and then make sure you really press the breadcrumbs into the zucchini slices. I am not sure what else could go wrong other than they just didn't stick too well.
Susan L. Hemme
I would dip them in flour before the egg. Then they will stick
Is there a substitute for the eggs? Like milk? Making these tonight but I'm out of eggs.
Haven't tried that so I can't be sure...but a quick google tells me... Milk or yogurt: Thick, Greek-style yogurt, thinned out with a splash of milk.
Olive oil or melted butter: One or a mixture of both makes a rich substitute.
I'm about to make these but you may want to proofread. I'm not going to use THONGS in the kitchen but will use TONGs
Thongs, tongs, it's all the same to me 😛
These look and ound delicious!
I don’t like to use oil spray so can you suggest another way to get some oil on them prior to cooking them?
Can you use your owl oil sprayer? I am not suggesting to use like a PAM or something like that, but an actual sprayer that you put your own oil into. You could try brushing some oil onto them, but that might not work too well.
There is a discrepancy in the amount of water to add to the egg wash. In the ingredient list is says teaspoon and in the list of steps it says tablespoon. I assume teaspoon is right?
The correct measurement is 1 Tablespoon but it won't make much difference either way.
These look delicious, but oil spray is made with oil...
Is there a vegan version?
Instead of eggs, you can use anything that will make what you are breading sticky. A light coating of mustard or vegan mayo works just as well. Another method is using non-dairy milk mixed with either a few tablespoons of ground flaxseed or vegan mayo to thicken it. Leave out the parmesan cheese or use a vegan cheese substitute. Cheers!
I just tried these zucchini fries and have to say they were totally awesome, we loved them and will be making again this week! So thank you for a great recipe. I did try the big mac sauce and I did something wrong, I think I may have added too much mustard and bbq sauce because that is all we could taste, my error. Will try that again. Thank you so much for your recipes. I am new here and like your site. Claudia
Worst zucchini I've ever had! not anything I expected I like fried zucchini but its the same as baking them. People shouldnt give five stars when they haven't tried it and can't wait to make them. Defeats the purpose of reviewing the recipe.
Tyler, I am sorry you weren't a fan! There are several positive reviews from people who have tried them both here on the page and on Pinterest. Maybe you missed those in general blanketed statement. I also couldn't understand what went wrong/why you didn't like them based off your review, so if you clarify maybe I can help you troubleshoot for next time.
Followed the recipe the first time - pretty good. Second time:
1) 2x the spices
2) Dry, wet, dry
3) Forgot to add the parmesan so I added on top before air frying
BEST air fry I ever had!
Can you explain this please? It doesnt make sense to me on how much I should be using.
'2 TBS everything but the bagel seasoning or garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, poppy seeds-1/3 teaspoon each'
You can buy everything but the bagel seasoning, like this, or if you don't have that specific seasoning blend, you can use 1/3 tsp of the other seasonings listed to make the blend yourself. Then use that within the recipe. Does that make sense?
Hi Allyson. I love, love, love fried zucchini, but where I live they are almost impossible to track down either at restaurants OR the frozen section of my grocery store. I'd love to make a big batch and freeze. At what point in the recipe should I freeze them?