Guys, I have a confession – I LOVE Brussels sprouts. They are tiny little cabbage balls, that when cooked correctly, are amazing. I know, I know, you probably think you hate them, but trust me – they are delicious. These are not the Brussels your mom cooked 20 years ago, these are mouthwatering, spicy sweet balls of goodness. Serve these Asian glazed Brussels sprouts alongside these Air Fryer Asian Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Salmon Bites, or Air Fryer Sesame Chicken for the perfect meal!
I think the main issue with people not liking Brussels sprouts, is because they are overcooked. When Brussels are overcooked, they develop a strong flavor. The odor is associated with an organic compound found in the vegetable, which contains sulfur: hence the strong smell. Of course, most people don’t like things that straight up stink when you hold them up close to your nose, so take note – DO NOT overcook Brussels.
If you are making a nice salmon filet, or some chicken breast, these Asian Glazed Brussels would be perfect alongside it. You could even use this glaze on those meats, and just cook it altogether – 20 minutes is your key time, which coincidentally is usually the perfect cook time for salmon or chicken. Just double the glaze recipes and toss it on everything – perfection.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts ends trimmed off and cut in half
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS hoisin sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sriracha or other chili paste
- 1 garlic clove minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, add brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, sriracha, and garlic; whisk well to combine. Add halved Brussels and toss to combine.
3. Transfer Brussels with sauce to a shallow baking dish, and place in oven for 20-22 minutes.
4. Remove and serve. Enjoy!