The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Green Bean Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, it’s easy and guilt-free.
If you’ve tried out my recipes for Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Asparagus Fries, or Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, then you know that I love the Air Fryer, and that you don’t need oil or a long cook time to make a delicious healthy snack or side dish. This green bean fries recipe is so fast and easy that you’ll want to make them all the time!
Making these Air Fryer Green Bean fries could not be easier! They come together in no time, without having to dredge in flour (hello, easy!), and cook in less than 10 minutes! The green beans stay tender and not soggy, yet have a delicious crispy coating on the outside! Healthy and majorly delicious much like Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, or Air Fryer Avocado Fries.
You do need an Air Fryer (see below for recommendations) to make these in only 7 minutes, but you could also bake them. See below for directions on that.
How to make Air Fryer Green Beans:
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and step by step printable directions**
- Prep the green beans so they are rinsed and dried. Cut off any funky looking ends.
- Make an assembly line: setup whisked eggs in a shallow bowl, and the breadcrumb coating in another shallow bowl.
- Taking a handful of green beans at a time, drop into the eggs and toss around until coated. Using thongs, lift a few of the green beans out, let them drip a bit, then place into the breadcrumb coating mixture. Shake the green beans around until the are fully coated. Place them side by side with a little space in the air fryer, then repeat for the rest of the green beans.
- Set the Air Fryer for 5 minutes and 400 degrees. When 5 minutes is up, carefully toss the green beans around, flipping if needed, then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as BIG MAC SAUCE or COPYCAT ZAX SAUCE!
How to BAKE Green Bean Fries:
- Use the same directions in terms of prepping and coating the green beans. Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Place green bean fries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, then flip over. Cook 5-7 more minutes or until crispy. To crisp coating further, turn oven to broil on HIGH and broil for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Serve hot!
What type of Air Fryer should I use for Green Bean Fries?
There are many Air Fryers to chose from, but I love my my OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer! Here are some great options:
- Air Fryer XL Touchscreen by Cozyna (5.7QT) is a large air fryer that looks to cook evenly!
- OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer Oven Oilless Cooker with Hot Air Circulation Tech for Fast Healthier Food
- Tidylife Air Fryer XL, 1700W 5.8 QT 8-in-1 Digital Touch Screen Oilless Air Fryer
- GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer – this one includes a recipe book with over 50 recipes!!
Best dips for Green Bean Fries:
I love a great sauce or dip with my fries, and these are ALL great options for Air Fryer Green Bean Fries:
- The Best Ever Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Big Mac Sauce (copycat recipe)
- Chipotle Ranch Dip
- COPYCAT Zax Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Outback Bloomin’ Onion Sauce
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, quick, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
- Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts – perfect dinner companion! Roasted with a delicious spicy sweet glaze that everyone will love!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus has only 2 ingredients and takes a fraction of the typical time, this will be your favorite way to cook asparagus!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
The crispy coating on these Air Fryer Green Bean Fries makes them perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, it's easy and guilt-free.
- About 25 fresh green beans rinsed and dried
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup regular whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 TBS garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Prep the green beans: rinse and dry them thoroughly. Cut off any funky looking ends.
Add egg and egg white to one shallow bowl; whisk for 30 seconds to completely combine. Set aside.
In another shallow bowl, add panko, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, cheese, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well and set aside.
Make an assembly line with the green beans, then egg dip, then breadcrumb mixture setup side by side.
Taking a handful of green beans at a time, drop them into the egg, and toss around until coated. Using thongs, lift a few of the green beans out, let them drip a bit, then place into the breadcrumb coating mixture. Shake the green beans around until the are fully coated with crumbs.
Place them side by side with a little space in the air fryer, then repeat coating for the rest of the green beans, and set into air fryer.
Set the Air Fryer for 5 minutes and 400 degrees. When 5 minutes is up, carefully toss the green beans around, flipping if needed, then cook for 2 more minutes. Remove with thongs and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!