Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, fast, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
Broccoli is one of my favorite side dishes, but I love for it to be roasted so it has a nice bit of crispiness to it. Broccoli is incredibly healthy, has low carbs, low calories, and fits into most specialized diets.
Using the Air fryer to roast broccoli is faster than using the oven, doesn't heat up your house, and makes the perfect non-soggy broccoli! Once you try this Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, you will never cook it any other way!
Make sure you checkout my Air Fryer Kale Chips, Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussel's Sprouts and Air Fryer Asparagus Fries as well!
First thing is first, you must have an Air fryer. to make this Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli. I really like my OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer! Making the broccoli couldn't be easier - it's only 3 ingredients (from your pantry) and comes together in just a minute, and cooks in less than 10 minutes!
How to make Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli:
**scroll all the way down for a full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Prepare the broccoli; Trim the florets off the bunch, then chop up the stems, you can use that to roast as well!
- For this air fryer roasted broccoli recipe you can make as much as you want, but I used 2 broccoli bunches.
- Add broccoli to a bowl, then add 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Add ¼ cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer (under the basket in the actual basin). This will prevent it from smoking while cooking.
- Add the broccoli to the my Air fryer basket, then close and set to 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
Is Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli Healthy?
YES! Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is great because it uses less oil than roasting in the oven, and the air fryer helps crisp the broccoli.
- For 1 cup of broccoli, it contains 61 calories, 4 grams of fat (healthy fat from olive oil), 6 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, and 3 grams of protein.
- Additionally it contains 125% of your daily Vitamin C!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli also fits into most diets- KETO, Paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, and low carb/Atkins just to name a few.
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven, 6 Quart: 6-in-1, Broil, Roast, Dehydrate, Bake, Non-stick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Stainless Steel
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
Make it a complete meal by serving this delicious roasted broccoli with one of the following main dishes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs (Garlic Parmesan)
- One Skillet Hamburger Casserole
- Easy Baked Mostaccioli
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Salmon
- BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Buffalo Quinoa Mac and Cheese
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- Air Fryer Kale Chips are the easiest and most delicious Kale Chips! Made in just minutes and super healthy (63 calories per serving), these will be your go-to snack!
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are so easy - crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside!
- Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts – perfect dinner companion! Roasted with a delicious spicy sweet glaze that everyone will love!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- This is the best Copycat PF Chang’s Spicy Green Beans recipe and perfect as a side dish or vegetarian main dish served over rice!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
- Garlic Ginger Spinach is the perfect blend of Garlic and Ginger, sautéed with delicious healthy fresh spinach.
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are the perfect easy side dish! Save time using the Instant Pot, then load them up with delicious toppings for a healthy meal! This CRISPY SKIN HACK is AWESOME!!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, fast, and delicious side dish. With only 61 calories per serving this air fryer roasted broccoli will become a staple side dish!
- 4 cups fresh broccoli (about a pound), trimmed
- 1 TBS olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup water
Add broccoli to a bowl, then add olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Add ¼ cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer (under the basket in the actual basin). This will prevent it from smoking while cooking.
Add the broccoli to the Air Fryer basket, then close and set to 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
- Makes 4 one cup servings.
- Nutrition per serving: 61 calories, 4 grams of fat (healthy fat from olive oil), 6 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, and 3 grams of protein.
Yum! This is a great way to cook broccoli.
I loved it! So easy and delish! Perfect for busy nights!
I love broccoli and these turned out great! So easy and delicious, thanks!
What a great way to cook broccoli! Looks delicious
LOVE my vegetables with a little crispy edge - this is the perfect way to achieve without having to heat up the whole oven!
Looks incredibly delicious! I love how so quick easy to make this, definitely having this on our table!
Crispy and delicious! The perfect way to get my kids to eat their veggies. 🙂
I'd love to give it a try!! Looks delicious!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
I love roasted broccoli, too, and how awesome that you can get the job done in an air fryer!
I've never tried roasted broccoli in the Air Fryer, but it sounds healthy and delicious!
You will absolutely LOVE it!
Will try tonight.
Can frozen broccoli be used?
Thank you. (I gave 5 stars because I’m pretty sure I will love it and wanted to be fair)🌻🐝
I dont recommend frozen broccoli since it's already been cooked, but you are welcome to try it out!
This might be the only way to make broccoli! I love how quickly it takes from start to finish.
I have a weakness for kitchen gadgets and have yet to try an air fryer - thanks for this recipe!
Air fryer is the BEST! Totally in love with mine!
Just made this in my Cuisinart AirFryer Toaster Oven following your directions, including adding 1/3 cup water to the pan. Added a shallot pepper in addition to black pepper. Came out perfectly in 7 minutes!
So happy you loved it!
This was a great way to cook broccoli. Had never added the water before. I tossed the broccoli with garlic too and scattered slice almonds over it. Delicious!
Comes out exactly as pictured! Next time I won't add salt though.
Has anyone tried this with frozen "steam in the bag" broccoli and if so, what was the time and temp that worked for you?
So easy to make and the kids loved it, finally no complaining about soggy broccoli ! Delicious and it was nice to free up my stove. Also, had a great crunchy texture. I might try a dipping sauce next time. Would love if you could find one to pair with it 🥰
I am so happy they loved it! I'm not a fan of soggy broccoli either 😉 I have tons of sauces and dips, take a look here and maybe you see something that sounds good for the broccoli! Can also be really good if you throw some freshly grated parmesan cheese onto it and cook another 30 seconds in the air fryer, YUM!
Why is the broccoli slightly burnt!
It is roasted broccoli so the edges get a bit crispy! Best way!
Sounds good but do you preheat the air fryer?
No it is not needed!