Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, fast, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
Broccoli is one of my favorite side dishes, but I love for it to be roasted so it has a nice bit of crispiness to it. Broccoli is incredibly healthy, has low carbs, low calories, and fits into most specialized diets. Using the Air fryer to roast broccoli is faster than using the oven, doesn’t heat up your house, and makes the perfect non-soggy broccoli! Once you try this Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, you will never cook it any other way! Make sure you checkout my Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussel’s Sprouts and Air Fryer Asparagus Fries as well!
First thing is first, you must have an Air fryer. to make this Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli. I really like my OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer! Making the broccoli couldn’t be easier – it’s only 3 ingredients (from your pantry) and comes together in just a minute, and cooks in less than 10 minutes!
How to make Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli:
**scroll all the way down for a full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Prepare the broccoli; Trim the florets off the bunch, then chop up the stems, you can use that to roast as well!
- For this air fryer roasted broccoli recipe you can make as much as you want, but I used 2 broccoli bunches.
- Add broccoli to a bowl, then add 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer (under the basket in the actual basin). This will prevent it from smoking while cooking.
- Add the broccoli to the my Air fryer basket, then close and set to 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
Is Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli Healthy?
YES! Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is great because it uses less oil than roasting in the oven, and the air fryer helps crisp the broccoli.
- For 1 cup of broccoli, it contains 61 calories, 4 grams of fat (healthy fat from olive oil), 6 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, and 3 grams of protein.
- Additionally it contains 125% of your daily Vitamin C!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli also fits into most diets- KETO, Paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, and low carb/Atkins just to name a few.
What type of Air Fryer should I use for Roasting Broccoli?
There are many Air Fryers to chose from, but I love my OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer! Here are some great options:
- Air Fryer XL Touchscreen by Cozyna (5.7QT) is a large air fryer that looks to cook evenly!
- OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer Oven Oilless Cooker with Hot Air Circulation Tech for Fast Healthier Food
- Tidylife Air Fryer XL, 1700W 5.8 QT 8-in-1 Digital Touch Screen Oilless Air Fryer
- GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer – this one includes a recipe book with over 50 recipes!!
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts – perfect dinner companion! Roasted with a delicious spicy sweet glaze that everyone will love!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- This is the best Copycat PF Chang’s Spicy Green Beans recipe and perfect as a side dish or vegetarian main dish served over rice!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
- Garlic Ginger Spinach is the perfect blend of Garlic and Ginger, sautéed with delicious healthy fresh spinach.
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are the perfect easy side dish! Save time using the Instant Pot, then load them up with delicious toppings for a healthy meal! This CRISPY SKIN HACK is AWESOME!!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, fast, and delicious side dish. With only 61 calories per serving this air fryer roasted broccoli will become a staple side dish!
- 4 cups fresh broccoli (about a pound), trimmed
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
Add broccoli to a bowl, then add olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Add 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer (under the basket in the actual basin). This will prevent it from smoking while cooking.
Add the broccoli to the Air Fryer basket, then close and set to 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
- Makes 4 one cup servings.
- Nutrition per serving: 61 calories, 4 grams of fat (healthy fat from olive oil), 6 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, and 3 grams of protein.