With less than 5 ingredients, NO oil, and done in less than 10 minutes, these Air Fryer Asparagus Fries will become a favorite side dish or snack!
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries are another amazingly delicious air fryer recipe! They come together in no time, without having to dredge in flour (hello, easy!), and cook in less than 10 minutes! The asparagus stay tender and not soggy, yet have a delicious crispy coating on the outside! Healthy and majorly delicious much like these, Air Fryer Zucchini fries, Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus or Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, or Air Fryer Avocado Fries.
First thing is first, you must have an Air Fryer to make these amazing Air Fryer Asparagus Fries! I really like my OMORC Air Fryer XL! Making these couldn’t be easier – only a few ingredients and they come together in minutes, and cook in less than 10 minutes! WIN WIN!
How to make Air Fryer Asparagus Fries:
**scroll all the way down for a full ingredients list and printable directions and step-by-step video**
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting or snapping off the hard ends; about 1 inch up the stem and discard those pieces. Wash and dry the asparagus.
- In a shallow dish, add an egg and a bit of water, then whisk and beat until a little frothy. Add the asparagus and toss around to coat.
- In a separate shallow dish or bowl, add panko breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs, and spices.
- I like this ‘everything bagel’ spice blend, but if not using that I suggest using a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and some poppy seeds.
- Add the asparagus spears a few at a time, and toss around until coated. Place them into the air fryer tray. Repeat until all asparagus are coated.
- I was able to fit about 16 spears into my air fryer at once. I suggest to cook them in an even layer and do not put them too close together.
- Lightly spray the tops of the fries with oil spray, and set the air fryer on 8 minutes. Open after 5 minutes, then carefully flip the asparagus spears over, then cook the remaining time. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce!
I love dipping Air Fryer Asparagus Fries in everything, but these are some of my favorite dipping sauces:
- The Best Ever Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Big Mac Sauce (copycat recipe)
- Chipotle Ranch Dip
- COPYCAT Zax Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Outback Bloomin’ Onion Sauce
No air fryer, no problem!
What type of Air Fryer should I buy?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer! Here are some great options:
- Air Fryer XL Touchscreen by Cozyna (5.7QT) is a large air fryer that looks to cook evenly!
- OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer Oven Oilless Cooker with Hot Air Circulation Tech for Fast Healthier Food
- Tidylife Air Fryer XL, 1700W 5.8 QT 8-in-1 Digital Touch Screen Oilless Air Fryer
- GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer – this one includes a recipe book with over 50 recipes!!
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- Air Fryer Bacon is the easiest method for cooking bacon. Avoid the greasy mess, take half the time, and make the most deliciously crispy bacon EVER!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, quick, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
- Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts – perfect dinner companion! Roasted with a delicious spicy sweet glaze that everyone will love!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparaguss has only 2 ingredients and takes a fraction of the typical time, this will be your favorite way to cook asparagus!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
- 16-20 spears asparagus
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1/3 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 TBS everything but the bagel seasoning (or garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, poppy seeds- 1/8 tsp each)
- oil spray
Prepare the asparagus by cutting or snapping off the hard ends; about 1 inch up the stem and discard those pieces. Wash and dry the asparagus.
In a shallow dish, add an egg and a bit of water, then whisk and beat until a little frothy. Add the asparagus and toss around to coat.
In a separate shallow dish or bowl, add panko breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs, and spices.
Add the asparagus spears a few at a time, and toss around until coated. Place them into the air fryer tray. Repeat until all asparagus are coated.
Add fries to the air fryer basket, do not place them too close together. Lightly spray the tops with oil, and close.
Set air fryer for 400 degrees and 8 minutes. After 5 minutes, open and carefully flip fries over, then close and cook remaining 3 minutes.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Nutrition per serving (recipe makes 2 servings): 145 calories, 4 grams fat, 16 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 8 grams protein.