Cooking hot dogs has never been easier than with the Air Fryer! Air Fryer Hot Dogs are perfectly 'grilled' in no time, with hardly any effort, and taste amazing!
Air fryer hot dogs are quick, easy, and majorly delicious. When I made these for my neighbor, she said it was the best hot dog she had ever eaten! These hot dogs are cooked in only FIVE minutes, and then you can toast the bun too! You will never go back to boiling or microwaving hot dogs after you see how easy and delicious this air fryer cooking method is!
I love the Air Fryer! It’s an appliance than can pretty much do it all. I’ve shared so many recipes with y’all, including Air Fryer French Fries, Air Fryer Bacon, Asparagus Fries, Avocado Fries, and so many other air fryer recipes! Make these with Air Fryer Hamburgers!
How to cook hot dogs in the air fryer:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
Cooking the hot dogs could not be easier!
- Take whatever your favorite hot dog is, and place them into the Air Fryer basket. I like to score my hot dogs across the top to give a 'grilled effect' and also keep them from exploding!
- Close the Air Fryer and set to 400 degrees and 5 minutes.
- Once the time is up, carefully place the hot dogs into the buns, then place back into the air fryer for 1-2 minutes (depending on how toasted you like the buns). Remove and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
As I said, it couldn't be easier to make hot dogs in the air fryer! It's quick, simple, and they turn out majorly delicious! The fact that you can toast the bun right along with them is amazing and gives them the perfect crunch! Serve them up with some Ranch Pickles, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Air Fryer Tater tots or french fries for the perfect at home meal!
What hot dog toppings do you suggest?
- For a delicious chili cheese dog, add a spoonful of chili into the bun with the hot dog before toasting the bun. Place a little slice of cheese on top, then close and cook for 2 minutes- Chili Cheese Dogs!
- Add the classics such as mustard, ketchup, relish, and onions for an original American Hot Dog!
- Add the famous In-N-Out sauce and American cheese on top of this hot dog!
- Make it a Reuben dog: Add sauerkraut into the bun with the hot dog before toasting the bun, then close and cook for 2 minutes. Add some spicy mustard over the top- YUM!
- Have you tried a Hawaiian Hot Dog?!?! Follow this easy recipe with Pineapple for a decadent dog!
- Want a little switch on the traditional hot dog? Try these beanie weenies for a fun filling meal the whole family will love!
What to serve with Air Fryer Hot Dogs:
- Creamy Pesto Pasta is full of tomatoes, artichokes, peas, and topped with a creamy pesto sauce! It’s sure to be a BBQ favorite!
- Creamy white cheddar macaroni and cheese is the closest copycat recipe to Panera’s Mac and Cheese! So easy to make so delicious!
- Serve these dogs alongside an easy Air Fryer Baked Potato loaded with your favorite toppings!
- A simple wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing is the perfect side dish for the hot dogs!
- Mexican Street Corn Salad is a take on the popular Elotes recipe; delicious corn smothered in a spicy dressing and topped with vibrant pops of flavor!
- Ranch Pickles are delicious dill pickles marinated in ranch seasoning. With a zesty dill ranch flavor, this will be a go-to snack!
- Serve them up with some Air Fryer Tater tots or french fries, or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries for the perfect at home meal!
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- OMORC Air Fryer 6QT -1600W Powerful Electric Hot Oven 10 Preset Menus Dual Control System 6-in-1 Function
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Cooking hot dogs has never been easier than in the Air Fryer! Air Fryer Hot Dogs are perfectly 'grilled' in no time and with hardly any effort!
- 4 hot dogs, scored across the tops
- 4 hot dog buns
Place hot dogs into the Air Fryer basket. I like to score my hot dogs across the top to give a ‘grilled effect’ and also keep them from exploding!
Close the Air Fryer and set to 400 degrees and 5 minutes.
Once the time is up, carefully place the hot dogs into the buns, then place back into the air fryer for 1-2 minutes (depending on how toasted you like the buns).
Remove and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Nutritional info will vary depending on brand of hot dog and bun.
Published June 2020, updated March 2022.