Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the best and crispiest wings ever! Done in less than 20 minutes, you’ll never make wings another way again!
The air fryer is an appliance that basically takes cooking to another level…an easier and faster method for everything. These Air Fryer Chicken Wings not only take a fraction of the time of baking, but get so crispy you’ll think they are fried.
Using the air fryer allows them to get super crispy without actually frying them. Once you try this method, you will never cook wings another way. Serve these with Air Fryer French Fries or Instant Pot Corn on the Cob for the perfect meal! Want to spice it up? Try these Air Fryer BUFFALO wings!
Making wings in the Air Fryer couldn’t be easier! Let me explain it…
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- First prep the chicken wings.
- If you have full wings, separate them into drums and flat.
- Make sure they are defrosted.
- Pat them dry completely dry (this will help them get crispy).
- Place the wings into a bowl and add oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to completely coat the wings.
- Feel free to use your own favorite seasonings, however this is a basic traditional chicken wing seasoning blend (and delicious).
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400 F degrees for 2 minutes.
- Add the wings in a single layer to the air fryer (they should NOT be touching), and cook for 10 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- After the timer goes off, open and carefully flip over the chicken wings.
- Close the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings and serve with your favorite side dishes or dips!
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
- Serve with your favorite dips such as Cilantro Lime Dip, Jalapeno Ranch, The Best Chunky Blue Cheese, or Homemade Buffalo Sauce.
- Serve with a side of corn on the cob – Instant Pot Corn on the Cob or Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is always a hit!
- Use the air fryer to make Frozen French Fries or Tater Tots to serve alongside the wings!
- A hearty scoop of Creamy Mac and Cheese also gos VERY WELL alongside Chicken Wings!
- Or make a Simple Wedge Salad to go with the wings!
- Serve with just celery and carrots and a side of Blue Cheese Dressing – YUM!
Can I bake Chicken Wings?
Yes, however it takes much longer to get them crispy. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the wings on a single layer on a baking sheet (place on an oven rack on top of the baking sheet to get crispier). Bake for 30 minutes, then flip and cook another 15-30 minutes depending on desired crispiness.
What type of Air Fryer Should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- OMORC Air Fryer 6QT -1600W Powerful Electric Hot Oven 10 Preset Menus Dual Control System 6-in-1 Function
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT – Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen with 8 Functions + Recipes
If you like using the air fryer as much as I do, checkout these other Air Fryer ideas:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- Air Fryer Kale Chips are the easiest and most delicious Kale Chips! Made in just minutes and super healthy (63 calories per serving), these will be your go-to snack!
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are so easy – crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos are perfectly crispy without any of the added oil from frying! They’re delicious, easy, and make the perfect quick meal or snack!
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs are perfectly ‘grilled’ in no time and with hardly any effort!
- Air Fryer Hamburgers are juicy every time, and done in less than 15 minutes with none of the mess!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are the perfect appetizer! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, they’re easy and guilt-free.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the best and crispiest wings ever! Done in less than 20 minutes, you'll never make wings another way again!
- 2 lbs chicken wings (drums and flats) (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Prep the chicken wings. If full wings, separate them into drums and flats. Make sure they are defrosted. Pat them dry completely dry (this will help them get crispy).
Place the wings into a bowl and drizzle olive oil oven them. Toss to coat. Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to completely coat the wings.
Preheat the Air Fryer at 400 F degrees for 2 minutes. Add wings in a single layer to the air fryer (they should NOT be touching), and cook for 10 minutes at 400 F degrees.
After the timer goes off, open and carefully flip over the chicken wings. Cook for 8 more minutes. Remove the chicken wings and serve.
Nutritional information per serving based off 4 servings: 213 calories, 15g fat, 3g carbohydrates, 1g sugar, 18g protein.