Frozen French fries are a quick and convenient side to throw into the air fryer! Air Fryer Frozen French Fries cook super fast and turn out perfectly crispy every time!
Using the air fryer to make frozen french fries is a no-brainer. It takes hardly any time compared to cooking them in the oven, they turn out incredibly crispy, and there is no frying involved! It's super simple and once you try it, you will NEVER cook french fries any other way! Have more time? Try these homemade Air Fryer French Fries.
Serve them alongside Air Fryer Fish, Air Fryer Hamburgers, Air Fryer Hot Dogs, or Air Fryer Chicken Wings for the perfect quick meal! Add Copycat Chick-fil-A sauce, In-n-Out Sauce or Copycat Zaxby's Sauce for the perfect dip!
Making Air fryer frozen french fries is SUPER easy! Here's how:
How to Make Frozen French Fries in the Air Fryer:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Pick out the type of frozen fries to use: waffle fries, french fries, steak fries, tater tots...all will work in the air fryer.
- If using the whole bag, I like to spray some oil in the bag using my oil sprayer, then add salt, seasoning salt, or cajun seasoning for a kick! Then pour into air fryer basket.
- If using a portion of the bag, add them to the air fryer basket and spray with oil and sprinkle salt into the basket on top of the fries.
- Close the air fryer basket and set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 8 minutes. Open the basket and shake the fries. Close the air fryer then set for 3 more minutes.
- Check doneness at this point, if more time is needed add 1-2 more minutes (various brands will differ in cooking time).
- I do NOT pre-heat my air fryer, but if you do, you may need to subtract 1-2 minutes from the cooking time.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce such as Copycat Chick-fil-A sauce or Copycat Zaxby's Sauce! YUM!
- Take this a step further and make Air Fryer Cheese Fries!
How to Re-heat already cooked french fries in the air fryer:
Add the french fries back to the air fryer and set it to 400 degrees. Cook for 2 minutes, shake, then cook 1 more minute!
What are good main dishes to serve with french fries?
These would ALL be amazing to serve with Air Fryer Frozen French Fries!
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Make it a meal and turn them into Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp (with lightened sauce)
- BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Grilled Cheese
- Big Mac Salad (low carb) or Big Mac Lettuce Wraps (low carb)
- Buffalo Tofu Wrap
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Easy Baked Turkey Ham Sliders
- Air Fryer Salmon (cajun style)
- Turkey Club Egg Rolls (Twist on Club Sandwich)
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven, 6 Quart: 6-in-1, Broil, Roast, Dehydrate, Bake, Non-stick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Stainless Steel
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
Frozen French fries are a quick and convenient side to throw into the air fryer! They cook super fast and turn out perfectly crispy every time!
- 32 ounce bag frozen french fries
- oil spray
- ½ teaspoon salt
If using the whole bag, spray some oil in the bag using and oil sprayer, then add salt, seasoning salt, or cajun seasoning for a kick! Pour into air fryer basket. If using a portion of the bag, add them to the air fryer basket and spray with oil and sprinkle salt into the basket on top of the fries.
Close the air fryer basket and set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 8 minutes. Open the basket and shake the fries. Close the air fryer then set for 3 more minutes. *Check doneness at this point, if more time is needed add 1-2 more minutes (various brands will differ in cooking time). I do NOT pre-heat my air fryer, but if you do, you may need to subtract 1-2 minutes from the cooking time.
Remove carefully from Air Fryer and serve with your favorite meal and sauce!
A frozen 32 ounce bag of french fries contains approximately 11 servings.
Love how crispy these get on the outside while staying soft in the middle. Such an easy side dish to add without having to turn on the oven.
I will never go back to oven-baked fries again!
I make these at least twice a week as a side dish and they are so easy and crispy! I can't imagine even using my even anymore for fries!
New to my air fryer only using half bag of fries do I still do the same time
Yes! The cooking time will stay the same 🙂
The air fryer is absolute best for fries! They are so crispy and I love being able to cut out the oil from frying!
So easy and I absolutely love how they taste
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
These Frozen French fries are would disappear in our house!
I loved this!! More reasons to love my air fryer! It is so good!
This is the only way I'll cook frozen fries - they turn out perfect!
The only way we make them now!
My kids and I love this recipe! I add some seasoning and so delicious! I will definitely be making this again!
Just made these fries, for my husband, to go with his beer battered cod, that I also air fried!! He said they were great!! Thank you so much for sharing this easy least recipe!!!
What a great combo!!! Thanks for sharing!