Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos are perfectly crispy without any of the added oil from frying! They're delicious, easy, and make the perfect quick meal or snack!
Being a huge fan of Mexican food, I love eating it and making it! Taquitos, or flautas as some people may call them, are delicious crispy tortillas filled with a yummy chicken filling. With a wide variety of options for fillings, it's easy to find a combination that everyone will enjoy. These Air Fryer Taquitos are filled with shredded chicken, cheese, beans, and spices! They're done in hardly any time and so easy!
Using the Air Fryer to make these is great because you can get the outside of the tortillas really crispy without frying and adding oil! If you don't have an air fryer, I will share my favorites with you below. Pair these Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos with Instant Pot Salsa Rice or Mexican Street Corn Salad for the perfect meal!
PRO TIP: Use my all purpose shredded chicken recipe to make the shredded chicken ahead of time!
Making these Taquitos couldn't be easier! Let me tell you how!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get all the ingredients together. In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, salsa, taco seasoning, beans, and shredded cheese; mix well. Add shredded chicken and mix to distribute and coat the chicken well.
- Using taco size flour tortillas (I like low carb like these), place about ¼ cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Press the side over and roll the tortilla up.
- Set seam side down so they don't open back up while preparing the remaining taquitos.
- Repeat for all the mixture/taquitos (about 8 depending on size of tortillas)
- Place in the air fryer, seam side down. Lightly spray the tops of the taquitos with oil spray (like this MISTO OIL SPRAYER), and brush the oil evenly over the tops (just a little).
- Close the air fryer and set to 400 degrees and 7 minutes. After the time, flip, lightly spray with oil spray and then cook 4-5 more minutes
- Sour cream or greek yogurt (can also thin with a bit of lime juice to make a crema)
- chopped cilantro
- Cilantro Lime Dip
- Chipotle Ranch Dip
- Homemade pico de gallo: chopped tomatoes, cilantro, chopped onions, and lime juice mixed together well.
For a Mexican themed meal, these are great side dishes to serve with this meal:
- Instant Pot Salsa Rice
- Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Jalapeno Ranch Black Bean Loaded Nachos
- The Best Ever Party Dip – Creamy Chipotle Bean Dip
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven, 6 Quart: 6-in-1, Broil, Roast, Dehydrate, Bake, Non-stick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Stainless Steel
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos are perfectly crispy without any of the added oil from frying! They’re delicious, easy, and make the perfect quick meal or snack!
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ½ cup black beans
- 8 taco sized flour tortillas
- sour cream, greek yogurt, limes, tomatoes, onions, cilantro
In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, salsa, taco seasoning, beans, and shredded cheese; mix well. Add shredded chicken and mix to distribute and coat the chicken well.
Place about ¼ cup of the mixture into the center of a tortilla. Press the side over and roll the tortilla up tightly. Set seam side down so they don’t open back up while preparing the remaining taquitos. Repeat for all the mixture/taquitos (about 8 depending on size of tortillas)
Place in the air fryer, seam side down. Lightly spray the tops of the taquitos with oil spray, and brush the oil evenly over the tops (just a little). Close the air fryer and set to 400 degrees and 7 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip them over, lightly spray with oil spray, and then cook 4-5 more minutes
Serve immediately with desired topping.
Place taquitos back in air fryer. Set to 350 degrees and cook for 2-4 minutes or until cooked through. Careful not to burn.
Nutritional information per serving: 238 calories, 10g fat, 19g carbohydrates, 10g fiber, 14g protein.
*Nutritional info should be calculated based off of your specific ingredients.
Absolutely love your recipes. Very easy and turnout beautifully from a person that is not a great cook. Just learning how to use my air fryer.
Thank you so much!!! Happy cooking!
I love making taquitos in the air fryer because it is quick and easy! This mixture came out DELICIOUS!
Yummy! These look so tasty and perfect for my kids! I can’t wait to give this a try! So excited!
This looks amazing. Can't wait to try this one for a meal this week.
My Hubby loved these taquitos! They are so easy to make and delicious!
This was a great way to use up our leftover chicken from last night. Huge hit with the kids!
My kids are going to want these every single day! The air fryer is becoming my best friend!
I just got an air fryer and had to try these out ASAP! They are amazing! And so easy. Thanks for the excellent recipe!
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos are my favorite in the air fryer!
The air fryer makes it so much easier!
Love this idea! It's a healthy and delicious dinner idea! I will make it for dinner!
We love taquitos! I'm so excited to try this version!
I am gonna make this, we always buy ready made taquitos,this loooks easy. Thankyou for recipe.
They are so easy and you can really add whatever filling you want! Let me know how you like it!
Can these be assembled ahead of time and frozen prior to cooking?
Absolutely love your chicken taquitos recipe. My hubby who is a picky eater enjoyed them too