Whenever we go out for dinner, my husband and I love sharing a wedge salad. They are so simple when you think about it – a chunk of lettuce, blue cheese, tomatoes, and usually bacon. We are vegetarians though, so we always leave off the bacon. The salad is so delicious and crisp, and the blue cheese really takes it to the next level. Most places make their own chunky blue cheese, and then add more blue cheese crumbles to the top, and that is what I prefer – the more cheese, the better. This Simple Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese is so easy to make at home, and it’s satisfying and delicious.
I recently made my own blue cheese at home, and let me tell you, it is SUCH a difference between store bought. The taste is much better, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Click here for the recipe.
Also, if you aren’t a vegetarian, and you would like bacon on this salad – just fry up some bacon and then crumble it over the top. I think this kind of salad could also be really good with plain shredded chicken. Anyway, make this for a main dish or appetizer – you can’t go wrong!
- 1 large head of iceburg lettuce , end cut off and cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup homemade chunky blue cheese (see recipe link above)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles , dived into fourths
- 4 plum tomatoes , diced
1. Arrange lettuce wedge on a plate. Drizzle homemade chunky blue cheese dressing over the top of the wedges, dividing evenly. Add 1 whole diced plum tomato on top of each wedge, then add blue cheese crumbles, dividing evenly and sprinkling over the top.
2. Serve with a fork and steak knife. Enjoy!
Like salads as much as I do? Check out these other recipes on Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!