Making Buffalo Sauce at home is so simple and only takes 2 ingredients. With this easy recipe, you'll never buy it again!
Buffalo Sauce is a staple when it comes to various recipes, and it's definitely one of the most popular sauces. While popular to serve on chicken wings, it's also super tasty on the classic Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, Air Fryer Buffalo Wings or Instant Pot Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Loaded Fries, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Air Fryer Chicken Wings and in Buffalo Chicken Lasagna just to name a few!
If you've never made Buffalo Sauce at home, you'll be shocked to see how easy it is!
What is Buffalo Wing Sauce?
Buffalo Wing Sauce is a milder version of straight hot sauce. The hot sauce is toned done by cutting it with melted butter, giving it a milder and smoother flavor. This allows you to eat more without having too much spice!
How to make Buffalo Sauce:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get the ingredients together, hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot) and butter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk well until completely blended together.
- Store in a sealed container.
How long does Homemade Buffalo Sauce Last?
The sauce should stay fresh for 1 month as long as it's in a sealed container and refrigerated. Shake it well to remix before using.
What recipes can I make to use Buffalo Sauce?
I eat buffalo sauce on pretty much everything, but these are my favorite recipes to utilize it:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (No Oil)
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas (Grilled)
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- Three Cheese Buffalo Fondue
- Buffalo Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Buffalo Quinoa Mac and Cheese
- Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Baked Potatoes with Broccoli & Buffalo Cheese
- Super Simple Buffalo Potato Wedges
- Buffalo Tofu Salad
- Buffalo Tofu Wrap
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Blue Mac & Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- ½ cup hot sauce (such as Franks RedHot)
- ¼ cup melted butter (unsalted butter)
Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave.
Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk well until completely blended together.
Store in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to one month.
This recipe makes ¾ cups of buffalo sauce or 12 tablespoons.
Nutritional Information per 1 TBS serving: 34 calories, 4g fat, 0g carbohydrates, 0g protein, 0g sugar.
I'd put this on almost everything! So easy to whip up and a definite must for game day!
My daughter made this recipe and she put this on everything! She loves this hot sauce! I'm excited to try this!
I love how easy this is to make!! Thanks for the recipe!
So easy to make, and better than storebought!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
I know for sure this Buffalo Sauce would be a huge hit in my house!
I had no idea buffalo sauce was so simple! Worked perfectly for our wings!
katerina @ diethood.com
We love Buffalo Sauce!! I can't wait to try this!!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes
This Buffalo sauce was incredibly delicious!! YUM!
I use a lot buffalo sauce in the kitchen! Now I will make it at home!
Tip: don’t use salted butter! Ours turned out a little salty when we made the Buffalo chicken dip! Now we know 🙂
Try it with a bit of vinegar added !!