Making Buffalo Sauce at home is so simple and only takes 2 ingredients. With this easy recipe, you’ll never buy it again!
Buffalo Sauce is a staple when it comes to various recipes, and it’s definitely one of the most popular sauces. While popular to serve on chicken wings, it’s also super tasty on Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Loaded Fries, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Air Fryer Chicken Wings and in Buffalo Chicken Lasagna just to name a few! If you’ve never made Buffalo Sauce at home, you’ll be shocked to see how easy it is!
What is Buffalo Wing Sauce?
Buffalo Wing Sauce is a milder version of straight hot sauce. The hot sauce is toned done by cutting it with melted butter, giving it a milder and smoother flavor. This allows you to eat more without having too much spice!
How to make Buffalo Sauce:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get the ingredients together, hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot) and butter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk well until completely blended together.
- Store in a sealed container.
How long does Homemade Buffalo Sauce Last?
The sauce should stay fresh for 1 month as long as it’s in a sealed container and refrigerated. Shake it well to remix before using.
What recipes can I make to use Buffalo Sauce?
I eat buffalo sauce on pretty much everything, but these are my favorite recipes to utilize it:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (No Oil)
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas (Grilled)
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- Three Cheese Buffalo Fondue
- Buffalo Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Buffalo Quinoa Mac and Cheese
- Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Baked Potatoes with Broccoli & Buffalo Cheese
- Super Simple Buffalo Potato Wedges
- Buffalo Tofu Salad
- Buffalo Tofu Wrap
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Blue Mac & Cheese
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (such as Franks RedHot)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
This recipe makes 3/4 cups of buffalo sauce or 12 tablespoons.
Nutritional Information per 1 TBS serving: 34 calories, 4g fat, 0g carbohydrates, 0g protein, 0g sugar.