Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
When the weather starts getting warmer, I start thinking about corn on the cob! I LOVE having tender, butter, and salt soaked corn on the cob on hot summer days. Now that I have an Instant Pot, I can make corn on the cob in only a few minutes! It comes out perfect every time, and I can easily peel the husk off without any mess, it’s awesome!
How to make corn on the cob (Instant Pot):
- Prepare the corn on the cob:
- Snap off the bottom/stem of the corn as short as possible.
- Trim the top of the husk down to about 1/2 inch from the tip of the corn.
- Using a 6qt or 8qt Instant Pot, add water to the bottom (about a cup), add the trivet/steamer rack to the bottom of the pot, then layer the corn IN THE HUSK into the pot.
- In my 6qt. Instant Pot, I usually put 3 ears of corn on the bottom, then 2 more on top. You may be able to fit more if you have an 8qt pot.
- Close the top, set Instant Pot to manual for 3 minutes, press start.
The Instant Pot will ‘come to pressure’ in a few minutes, then you will see the timer start to count down. Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure valve (careful, steam will be coming out of the top). Once the pressure is released, you can carefully remove the top of the instant pot. Remove the ears of corn carefully and set aside.
Peeling Hack! How to peel corn on the cob:
- Once the corn on the cob is slightly cooled, cut the end off the corn (through the husk), about 1/2 inch above the stem.
- Using your fingers, press from the top of the husk (small end), and the corn will start to slide out of the husk (see video a bit further down). It will slide out without any silk attached, and it makes cleanup super easy!
Instant Pot Corn on the cob should stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days after cooking, but I doubt it will last that long!
Different toppings for corn on the cob:
- The simple way: corn, butter, and salt is the classic combination for corn on the cob. This combo lets the flavors of the corn shine through, and everyone seems to like it this way!
- Mexican Corn on the Cob: Roll the ears of corn in melted butter, then spread evenly with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and serve with a lime wedge. Can also add some chili or cayenne powder if you like it spicy!
- Sweet Corn on the Cob: Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the corn on the cob for a decadent corn dessert!
- Guacamole Corn: whip up some homemade guacamole and slather it all over your corn!
However you decide to eat your Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, one thing is true, it will be super flavorful, perfectly cooked, and majorly delicious!
Is corn on the cob healthy?
Yes! Corn has tons of essential nutrients-corn is a rich source of vitamin A, B, E and many minerals! Studies also show that the aleurone and germ, both present in corn, can help prevent atherosclerosis by reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol while not affecting HDL (good) cholesterol. Corn also contains vitamin C and B6, as well as potassium and magnesium, which prevent heart disease! A small ear of corn only has 77 calories and 3 grams of sugar. Its high fiber content aids in digestion. The antioxidants present in it also act as anti-carcinogenic agents and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Main dishes to serve corn on the cob with:
- Hawaiian Black Bean Burgers are always popular during the summer! BBQ sauce, pineapple, and spicy savory combine for the perfect burger!
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers are spicy and delicious! Everyone will LOVE these!
- Easy BLT Sliders with Avocado Ranch are a quick and tasty meal! Only a handful of ingredients, 15 minutes to make, and super delicious!
- Peach Honey BBQ Ribs are tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. They are easy to make so fire up the grill and get ready for some fall-off-the-bone ribs!
I love Instant Pot recipes! Here are a few more you might like:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese takes hardly any time to cook, is majorly creamy and delicious, and will become your go-to mac and cheese recipe!
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are the perfect easy side dish! Save time using the Instant Pot, then load them up with delicious toppings for a healthy meal! This CRISPY SKIN HACK is AWESOME!!
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter takes only 3 minutes to make, and is a delicious fall recipe that’s perfect on toast, biscuits, or in your favorite dessert!
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a stunning dessert that comes together in no time! Not only is it amazingly easy, but it’s the best cheesecake EVER!
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf: In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
- Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons is the perfect comfort food without any guilt! Make it in the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or on the stove top!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is ready to eat in just minutes and is super flavorful! No need to peel the husk; corn on the cob can be cooked directly in the husk and then removed without a mess!
- 5 ears corn on the cob, (feel free to use more)
- 1 cup water
Prep the corn: Snap off the bottom/stem of the corn as short as possible. Trim the top of the husk down to about 1/2 inch from the tip of the corn.
Using a 6qt or 8qt instant pot, add 1 cup of water to the bottom, then place the trivet/steamer rack in the bottom.
Layer corn ears IN HUSK in the pot. In my 6qt. Instant Pot, I usually put 3 ears on the bottom, then 2 more on top. You may be able to fit more if you have an 8qt pot.
Close the top, make sure valve in sealed, set instant pot to manual for 3 minutes, press start.
When time is up, quick release pressure valve (careful, steam will be coming out of the top). Once the pressure is released, you can carefully remove the top of the instant pot away from you. Remove the ears carefully and set aside.
Once the corn on the cob is slightly cooled, cut the end off the corn (through the husk), about 1/2 inch above the stem.
Using your fingers, press firmly from the top of the husk (small end), and the corn will start to slide out of the husk (see video above). It will slide out without any silk attached, and it makes cleanup super easy!
Serve corn with your favorite toppings! I like melted butter and salt - YUM!
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!