Now that summer is rapidly approaching, I love thinking up new dips that will be great for BBQ’s and get togethers. We eat chips pretty much year round, and I love coming up with new dips, but I was thinking I wanted to make something light and summery! Now, even thought we eat Mexican food year round, I always associate eating Mexican and drinking margaritas during the summer, outside on a patio. Really, what’s better than that?! I am so looking forward to July when I have this baby and can drink a good ‘ole margarita again!
Anyway, back to the dip! This dip is full of summer flavors- lime and cilantro! I am excited to be growing cilantro in my garden this year, because that means I can make this dip pretty much anytime. Winning. I also love this dip because it’s not a full fat-make you feel guilty kind of dip. Using Greek yogurt when making it not only lowers the calories, but it also builds the protein content which is something you wouldn’t expect of a dip. The Cilantro Lime Dip comes together in just a few minutes, and then I suggest refrigerating it for a while to meld all the flavors. It gets better with time, trust me. This dip is also good on anything! I like it with chips, fresh tacos, on top of burritos, for pizza…you can’t go wrong!
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 and 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use 0%)
- 3/4 cup-1 cup cilantro (doesn't have to be exact, I used a big handful)
- Juice of 2 limes, or about 1/3 cup
- dash of salt and pepper
- Put everything into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until everything is combined and the cilantro is mixed well. Place in fridge for at least 1 hour, then serve with whatever you like to dip!
- The longer this dip sits, the better. If you leave it in the fridge overnight it's super delicious the next day. Weill keep about a week in the fridge. Good on tacos, burritos, enchiladas, with chips....anything!
Thinking about what else you could enjoy with this dip? How about some Mexican food and Margaritas?
Some Mexican food inspiration?
Thanks for visiting!