This sweet creamy homemade poppyseed dressing only used a handful of ingredients and is super delicious! It’s the perfect salad dressing!
Homemade Poppyseed Dressing is a salad staple that is sweet, creamy, and super delicious! It is definitely one of my favorite salad dressings, and you would never guess that it is so easy to make at home! It only takes a few ingredients, and keeps well in the fridge for a while, although with how tasty it is, it won’t last long!
I love eating salads, and I have already shared a bunch of yummy recipes with you such as this Simple Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and this Southwestern Salad with Homemade Jalapeno Ranch Dressing.
This Poppyseed Salad Dressing is so creamy and delicious! It’s perfect on a a spinach salad with apples, strawberries, and nuts! Whip up a batch of the dressing and keep it in the fridge for salads all week!
This salad dressing is super easy to make! Here’s how:
How to make Homemade Poppyseed Dressing:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get all the ingredients together and measured.
- Transfer the poppyseed dressing to a dressing bottle or mason jar and seal the top. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
What salad goes best with this dressing:
- Spinach salad is great for homemade poppyseed dressing.
- Add your favorite fruits such as cubed apples, sliced strawberries, or blueberries.
- Add walnuts or pecans for a delicious crunch.
- For more protein add grilled chicken, Air Fryer Salmon, or crispy bacon.
How long does Homemade Poppyseed Dressing stay good?
As long as you keep it refrigerated and shake or stir well before serving, the dressing will keep well for up to 7 days in the fridge.
Need ideas for main dishes to go with a salad with poppyseed dressing? Try these favorites:
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad (Chicken Salad Chick copycat)
- One Skillet Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
More healthy side dish ideas:
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus (2 ingredients)
- Sautéed Kale (easy healthy recipe)
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots (easy side dish)
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
This sweet creamy homemade poppyseed dressing only used a handful of ingredients and is super delicious! It's the perfect salad dressing!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- 1/3 cup milk (whole or 2% work best)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBS poppyseeds
Using a medium mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients except the poppyseeds. Whisk well until completely combined. Add poppyseeds and whisk to combine.
Transfer to a dressing bottle or sealable container and close the top. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. While not serving keep refrigerated.
- Will keep for 7 days in the fridge. Stir or shake vigorously before serving.
- Nutritional information per 1 TBS serving: 36 calories, 2g fat, 4g carbohydrates (calculate using your specific ingrdients)
- Makes approximately 2.25 cups of dressing.