I love this Double Chocolate Zucchini bread because it could be dessert or breakfast. It is packed with zucchini, but you would never know it while you are eating it. This is perfect for those little picky eaters who refuse to touch anything green! This bread is also pretty healthy because I used olive oil and yogurt instead of some of the more fatty ingredients. This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a total win!
I shared this last month over at Just Us Four, and now I am super psyched to share it with y’all! Like I said, you can eat this delicious Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread for breakfast or dessert. I am going with dessert mainly, because it’s hard to justify eating so much chocolate for breakfast, but I really think this is one instance where you could, because it really is pretty healthy. Not gonna lie, if my 4 year old asked me for a piece for breakfast, I wouldn’t hesitate…I am just happy is he eats anything to be honest.
I think this recipe is best for spring and summer, because that’s when zucchini is in season and you can either grow it yourself, or you can find really great prices at the grocery store on it. I used to grow zucchinis when I lived in California, and they would get HUGE, like massive! I am not exaggerating when I say that some were the entire length of my arm. I had more zucchini than I knew what to do with, so I was constantly coming up with new recipes for it, and giving them away, and making more things..it was so. much. zucchini. Anyway, just make this – you will love it!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated and squeezed/drained zucchini
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips for bread,
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (8.5x4.5) loaf pans, or 4 mini loaf pans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar until completely mixed. Add olive oil, vanilla, and yogurt; mix until completely combined. Add cocoa powder and mix carefully.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, salt, and baking powder. Sift mixture into the wet ingredient mixture; mix until JUST combined - do not overmix.
- Add zucchini and mix until just coated with mixture. Sprinkle a little flour over the 3/4 cup chocolate chips, then pour into mixture and fold to combine - do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pans; top each with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 65 minutes (if using the large loaf pans, 45 minutes for the mini), test with toothpick. When toothpick comes out free of batter (you might see chocolate chips on it though), your bread is done. Allow to cook a few minutes, remove and let cool on a wire rack.
If you like quick breads as much as I do, you should definitely check out this delicious BEST EVER Banana Bread, which is one of my all time most popular recipes!
Thanks for visiting!