One thing we can never get enough of in this house is buffalo sauce. We put it on everything and anything, and it’s always delicious. We were out to dinner a few weeks ago and my friend was mentioning how she missed buffalo chicken wraps so much. I told her to order one, but then I remembered that she has a Gluten intolerance. She pointed out how even though most buffalo sauces are gluten free, normally the chicken, bread, and other stuff isn’t. I felt so bummed for her. A few weeks later I heard about Tyson Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets, and I knew I needed to cook up a buffalo gluten-free chicken sandwich for her. She would love it!
I had to pay special attention to make sure all my other ingredients were also gluten free. There are a lot of things you would never expect to have gluten, but they do. I can’t imagine how frustrating this gets for someone with an intolerance.
First, I defrosted the chicken breast’s using the preferred method on the back of the bag (microwave!). They felt very fresh and not like some other frozen chicken breasts I have encountered.
Next, I mixed up the other ingredients (all gluten free)- buffalo sauce, blue cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, and cheddar cheese….mix it good! After that I added the chopped up chicken breast to the mixture, getting everything mixed up well. Next I put it on the gluten free bread, and started making the grilled cheeses (see below for full recipe and instructions).
So yum! I brought these over to my friend and she was so happy! Her and her family gobbled them up for dinner and she said you couldn’t even tell there was anything ‘gluten free’ about them. I was even tempted to eat one because the smelled so delicious. You definitely can’t ever go wrong with buffalo chicken!
- 6 slices Gluten Free bread
- 3 TBS cream cheese
- 3 TBS crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded or chopped up
- 2 Gluten Free Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank's which is gluten free)
- 1. Mix cream cheese, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and buffalo sauce in a medium bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat.
- 2. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Spread butter onto one side of bread, on 3 slices. Place those slices buttered side down in the pan. Top each slice of bread with 1/3 of the mixture, and spread with a fork. Butter one side of remaining 3 slices. Place each slice on top of the sandwiches in the skillet, butter side up. Lightly press down with a spatula.
- 3. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bread is crispy. Do not turn heat up as you don't want it to burn. Once the bottom is golden brown, carefully flip over to other side. Repeat cooking on that side, and then remove from skillet.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can serve these with a side of gluten free ranch or gluten free bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
Thanks for visiting!