So, I really wanted to post these Buffalo Potato Wedges before the Super Bowl, because they are the perfect game-day snack, but laziness got the best of me. I am generally a very on-the go, always busy, always working, always doing something type of person, but these last couple months have really been kicking me in the butt! Everyone keeps telling me it’s being pregnant that is causing this ultra-laziness, but I can’t accept that (but maybe I have to?)! I need to do so many things, I don’t have time to lounge around for 2 hours on the weekend, I just don’t! I guess I need to realize that I can’t do everything all the time, but it’s just so hard to realize that, especially because my first pregnancy didn’t stop me from doing anything despite being sick and miserable the entire time. This time I am not even sick, but I am seriously lacking motivation. I need a kick in the butt to get me off the couch and back into gear! I’ve already told my close friends to excuse my constant complaints of having no motivation…it’s going to be a long 6 months….
Moving on to more important things, how delicious do these look? Like I mentioned, I wanted to post these before the Super Bowl, but I didn’t get around to it. Oops. Now that I am getting around to it, I’ve realized that you really don’t need an occasion for these Buffalo Potato Wedges. In fact, I was editing some of these pictures and I decided to take a break made them right now since we are snowed in. Who needs bread when you can have Buffalo Potato Wedges?! Not me.
Potato wedges are very simple to make; potatoes, salt, and olive oil…that’s it. After you bake these bad boys, you drench them in buffalo sauce. Serve them up with a side of blue cheese or ranch and you are good to go. Delicious. The longer the wedges sit with the sauce, the more the sauce is absorbed which is also delicious, and you barely get your fingers dirty. However, if you can’t wait (like me and my husband couldn’t today), I suggest a fork and knife…or a wet napkin to clean your buffalo sauce fingers.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 7 large potatoes, russet (scrubbed clean)
- 1/2 cup wing sauce (I use Franks Buffalo Sauce)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Cut the potatoes length wise once, and then those halves in half.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine oil and potatoes add a little salt and toss until evenly coated.
- 4. Arrange wedges evenly on a lined baking sheet, without any overlapping.
- 5. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn potatoes and continue cooking another 20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- 6. Place wedges in a large bowl, drizzle wing sauce, and toss until they are coated evenly.
- Serve with ranch or bleu cheese on the side. Enjoy!
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!