Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is quick, easy, super creamy, and delicious! With a kick of spice and loaded with cheese, it’ll be a go-to party appetizer!
Buffalo chicken is one of those foods that most everyone loves! This dip will be the star of your party spread! Making it has never been easier than in the instant pot! Done in less than 20 minutes and ready to serve, this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is delicious and easy! Using this Homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe ensures the perfect taste!
I’ve shared so many ‘buffalo style recipes’ with you – everything from Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower bites to Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas to Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches to Buffalo Chicken Loaded Fries!! I LOVE the buffalo flavor!
It is SO EASY making this buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot, let me share how:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**Jump to Recipe
How to make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- First cook the chicken in the Instant Pot:
- Add buffalo sauce (recipe here) and ranch dressing to the instant pot. Add chicken.
- Close the instant pot and place the pressure valve in the sealed position. Set the pot on manual/high pressure and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- It will take some time to build up to pressure, then the time will begin to count down.
- After the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes (do not flip the valve). After 5 minutes, release the remaining pressure by flipping the valve. Careful as steam will come out of the top of the pot.
- Using 2 forks shred the chicken by pulling it apart. You can also use a hand mixer on low speed to shred the chicken.
- Add cream cheese and shredded cheese to the Instant Pot. Mix until melted and completely combined.
- Once everything is combined you have two options:
- Serve as is, or transfer to a baking dish and broil to get the top crispy! I like to broil it for a few minutes to have a nice crispy cheese layer on top!
- Garnish the top with chopped green onions for some extra crunch!
What to serve with the Dip:
- Serve with sliced baguette pieces
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Serve with warm flour tortillas
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks
Can I make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Slow Cooker?
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Set on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken when the time is up and then stir to combine everything.
- Add a layer of cheese on top, then close the lid and leave for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted! Serve!
How to make Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo chicken dip is really not a health food, but there are a few ways to save some calories and fat grams!
- Instead of using full fat cream cheese, use 1/3 less fat cream cheese. This saves calories and fat.
- Reduce the shredded cheese by 25%. I don’t recommend using low fat cheese because this will not melt well in your dip.
- Serve with healthier options like low carb tortillas, celery sticks, and carrot sticks. Sliced cucumbers and peppers would also be a great way to serve the buffalo chicken dip.
While still not ‘healthy’, this will definitely lighten up the dip.
Here’s some other amazing Instant Pot recipes for you to try:
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy healthy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Great for tacos, salads, rice bowls, or just plain!
- Instant Pot Lemon Cake is the easiest and most delicious cake! Made in half the time and incredibly moist, you will never make cake another way!
- Instant Pot Snickers Cheesecake is a dessert that takes very little effort! Packed with caramel, peanuts, and milk chocolate, this is the best cheesecake ever!
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal! Packed with pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in an ultra-creamy sauce makes this over-the-top delicious!
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is so flavorful you don’t realize it’s healthy! Make it vegetarian or loaded with meat, it’s up to you!
- Instant Pot Potato Soup is a delicious comfort meal. The soup is the perfect mix of potatoes, bacon, and cheese. In just a few minutes, dinner is served!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup is rich with flavor and takes only a fraction of the time to make. Warm up on a cold day with this major comfort food
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is quick, easy, super creamy and delicious! With a kick of spice and loaded with cheese, it'll be a go-to party appetizer!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, (see notes for recipe)
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
Add buffalo sauce and ranch dressing to the instant pot. Add chicken. Close the instant pot and place the pressure valve in the sealed position. Set the pot on manual/high pressure and set the timer for 10 minutes.
After the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes (do not flip the valve). After 5 minutes, release the remaining pressure by flipping the valve. Careful as steam will come out of the top of the pot. Open the lid.
Using 2 forks shred the chicken. You can also use a hand mixer on low speed to shred the chicken.
Add cream cheese and 1/2 cup colby jack and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (**reserve 1/4 cup of each cheese) to the Instant Pot. Mix until melted and completely combined.
*Pre-heat oven to broil.
Transfer the dip to an oven safe baking dish. Add remaining shredded cheese over the top of the dip. Place in oven and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from oven and top with chopped green onions. Serve warm with bread, chips, celery or carrot sticks!
*Broiling is optional. You can serve the dip straight out of the Instant Pot as well, without broiling.
**If you don’t plan to broil the dip, add all the shredded cheese and mix well.
Nutrition per 1/2 cup serving: 267 calories, 21g fat, 5g carbohydrates, 17g protein (calculated using 1/3 less fat cream cheese – nutrition will vary based off ingredients used)