Save time by making turkey breast in the air fryer! Done in less than an hour, this air fryer turkey breast is super moist & delicious!
Using the air fryer to cook a delicious turkey breast is a no-brainer! It is done in a fraction of the time as roasting, it is stays super moist and delicious! Many options on seasoning and size, but this recipe can be tailored to your liking. Using a boneless or bone-in turkey breast is up to you as well, and there are directions for both.
This delicious turkey breast has ZERO carbs so it falls into the KETO and low carb diet. With 55 grams of protein and 369 calories per serving, it is super healthy, delicious, and the perfect main course!
With this recipe there is no brining needed, and it cooks in less than an hour in the Air Fryer.
Pro tips for cooking turkey breast in the air fryer:
- Make sure the turkey breast is between 3-5 pounds.
- Use a turkey breast WITH skin attached. Using a skinless breast will dry out quickly.
- Use at least a 5 quart Air Fryer.
- Mix the herb butter with seasonings right before you spread it on the turkey breast.
- Make sure the turkey breast is fully defrosted.
- Take the internal temperature of the turkey breast after cooking using a digital thermometer. It should read 160 degrees F, and after resting for 10-15 minutes the temperature should come up to at least 165 degrees F.
How to make Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Mix together the herb butter and set aside. Using fresh herbs will really enhance the flavor of the turkey!
- Remove the turkey breast from the packaging. For a boneless breast, there will likely be netting around it to hold it together. It is fine to cook with this netting on the turkey, but if you chose to remove it, the cooking time might decrease a few minutes (since it won't be so tightly packed together).
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (If you don't have a preheat function, just run the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes before adding the turkey).
- Slather the herb butter all over the entire turkey breast, making sure to cover all of the sides.
- Place the turkey breast into the Air Fryer, skin side down. Close and cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and flip the turkey breast over, then close and add 25 minutes to the cook time (I remove the netting at this time, but it can be left on as well). After the time is up, check the internal temperature using a digital thermometer. It should read at least 160 degrees F.
- My turkey breast was 4lbs and I had to add an extra 5 minutes, so it was 30 minutes more after flipping.
- Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 10-15 minutes. In this time the turkey will continue to cook internally and should come up to at least 165 degrees F. Carve the turkey breast with a sharp knife and serve!
How to defrost a frozen turkey breast:
Remove the turkey breast from the freeze, and place on a plate or in a bag in the refrigerator. It takes about 24-26 hours to defrost so plan with this time in mind. Do NOT place the turkey on the counter and leave to defrost.
What to serve with Air Fryer Turkey Breast:
This turkey breast is great year-round, however I love it at Thanksgiving! Traditional Thanksgiving sides are perfect such as Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Air Fryer Roasted Carrots (easy side dish), or Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes, however this turkey breast is delicious for other sides as well including:
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup!
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Spinach Casserole
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus (2 ingredients)
- One Pot Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta
- Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- Chick-fil-A Coleslaw (copycat recipe)
- Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
There are tons of recipes that are great for using the turkey as well:
- Make these delicious Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese sandwiches with the slices turkey!
- Turkey Club Egg Rolls (with frying and Air Fryer directions) are perfect for left over turkey breast!
- Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas are delicious any time of the year, but perfect for Thanksgiving leftover as well!
- California Grilled Cheese (Turkey, Avocado, Tomato) is perfect for this sliced turkey!
- Shred the turkey breast and use it in this delicious Chicken Salad!
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven, 6 Quart: 6-in-1, Broil, Roast, Dehydrate, Bake, Non-stick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Stainless Steel
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
Save time by making this juicy turkey breast in the air fryer! Done in less than an hour and super moist and delicious!
- 2 TBS butter, softened or room temp
- 2 TBS mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried ground sage
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-5 lb defrosted turkey breast
In a small bowl add butter, mayonnaise, and all the herbs and seasoning. Mix well until combined.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
Using the defrosted turkey breast, spread the butter mixture all over the breast (all sides, top, and bottom).
Add the turkey breast, skin side down, to the air fryer basket. Close and cook for 25 minutes, carefully flip the turkey breast over, then shut the air fryer basket and add 25 more minutes at 350 degrees F. Check the internal temperature at the thickest part in the middle. It should be at least 160 degrees F. If not, shut the air fryer and add 5 more minutes. Check the temperature again and cook until it reads 160 degrees F.
Remove from the air fryer, then carefully cut off the netting. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the foil then slice and serve.
Boneless turkey breasts of different weights will cook at different times.
- 3lb breast start with 25 minutes, then flip and 25 minutes more.
- 4lb breast start with 25 minutes, then flip and add 30 minutes.
- 5lb breast start with 25 minutes, then flip and add 30 minutes, take temp and add 5 more minutes if needed.
For a BONE-IN breast, start with 25 minutes, then flip and 25 more minutes, check temp and add more time as needed.
Nutrition based off of 5 servings: 369 calories, 14 grams fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 55g protein.