This chicken salad is filled with grapes, apples, pecans, and shredded chicken! It's identical to the Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad from Chicken Salad Chick!
Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad is one of the most popular chicken salads from the national restaurant chain, Chicken Salad Chick. It is full of red grapes, crisp apples, pecans, and the perfect blend of seasonings! I've been making this copycat recipe for years, and everyone always begs me for the recipe! It is delicious and so easy to make at home! Serve it with the classic southern dish Pear Salad or easy Air Fryer Tater Tots!
The Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad is so good that it can be eaten plain, in a salad, in a lettuce wrap, or in a sandwich; the options are endless! I love eating it with a fresh croissant, but when I want to save some carbs and calories, I opt for a lettuce wrap - YUM! The chicken salad itself is SUPER easy to make!
How to make Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Start by preparing all the ingredients. To make shredded chicken, you can follow my directions for making shredded chicken in bulk. You can also use a rotisserie chicken and shred that. Want to use turkey in place of chicken, then try this Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe. Prepare the vegetables and fruit by washing and chopping everything.
- Using a medium/large bowl, add the chicken, apples, grapes, celery, pecans, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning. Stir gently to combine everything and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
How to serve Fancy Nancy chicken salad:
- Spoon over a bed of lettuce and enjoy plain.
- Add Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad to a fresh croissant and top with lettuce and tomato!
- Use romaine or bib lettuce and spoon the chicken salad into lettuce wraps.
- Using your favorite sandwich bread, make a chicken salad sandwich and top with lettuce and tomato.
- Eat with Ritz crackers!
This chicken salad is a great meal to make for new mom's, to bring to a potluck, or to use for a meal-train. When I bring it to people, I always pack the chicken salad, some croissants, lettuce, and tomato slices. People LOVE it! The chicken salad will keep in the fridge for a week.
Can you freeze chicken salad?
I don't recommend freezing chicken salad, however you can freeze shredded chicken to have on hand to use in this chicken salad! Having frozen chicken on hand is great because it's versatile and can be used in so many recipes!
Need a side dish to go with this meal? These are great options to serve alongside the chicken salad:
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus has only 2 ingredients and takes a fraction of the typical time, this will be your favorite way to cook asparagus from now on!
- Air Fryer Tater Tots are a quick and convenient side to throw into the air fryer! They cook quickly and turn out perfectly crispy every time!
- Creamy BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to bring to any potluck or BBQ. All the classic flavors of a BLT thrown into a delicious pasta salad.
- Creamy Pesto Pasta is full of tomatoes, artichokes, peas, and topped with a creamy pesto sauce! It’s sure to be a BBQ favorite!
- Pear Salad is a classic southern comfort food! These canned pears topped with mayonnaise, cheese, and a cherry will be a hit at the next potluck!
If you like salads as much as I do, checkout these other delicious options:
- Asian Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Big Mac Salad (low carb)
- Crunchy Peanut Chicken Salad
- Asian Salad Dressing
This chicken salad is filled with grapes, apples, pecans, and shredded chicken! It’s identical to the Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad from Chicken Salad Chick!
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup chopped fuji or honey crisp apples
- ½ cup red seedless grapes, cut into ¼ths
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 TBS chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat is fine)
- 1 ½ teaspoon ranch season (hidden valley powder)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Using a medium/large bowl, add the chicken, apples, grapes, celery, pecans, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning. Stir gently to combine everything and mix well.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
Serve and refrigerate when not serving. Will keep in fridge for up to 1 week.
*Nutritional information per serving (4 servings): 462 calories, 12g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 6g sugar, 39g protein
Nutritional information is based off the ingredients I specifically used. Calculate your own nutrition using your specific ingredients and a calculator such as myfitnesspal.