Jalapeno Cheddar Cream cheese is the perfect bagel topping! Packed full of roasted jalapeños and cheddar cheese, it will be a crowd favorite!
Living in New York for 4 years, I became really obsessed with New York bagels, and of course, their cream cheese. I had never seen so many options for cream cheeses, and I tried new ones all the time. I really love plain low fat cream cheese, but when I tried the Jalapeno Cheddar Cream Cheese, I totally fell in love. This Jalapeno Cheddar Cream cheese is simple to make and so delicious! If you like a kick of heat, this recipe is for you!
Recently I had an abundance of jalapeños, so I was pretty much thinking of everything and anything I could make with these bad boys. If you follow me on Facebook, you may have seen that I asked my readers for recipe suggestions. Everything from Jalapeno Popper Dip to Jalapeno Cheese Balls were suggested!
How to make Jalapeno Cheddar Cream Cheese
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- After roasting the jalapeños, dice them up finely. Then add them to a bowl with the softened cream cheese and freshly grated cheddar cheese.
- Mix until there are no longer any clumps of cream cheese and everything is well combined.
- Add the mixture to a sealed container, then place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, but the longer it sits, the better.
- The longer it sits, the spicier it gets! The jalapeno spice really gets stronger as it melds.
How to roast jalapeños:
- Put on a pair of gloves!
- First, wash and dry the jalapeños. Pre-heat the oven using the BROIL setting.
- Cut the jalapeños in half, lengthwise, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds/inside of the jalapeño. Cut off the stem and discard.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, then place the jalapeños inside facing down. Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the peppers.
- Place in the oven, about 3 inches from the flame. Broil for 4-5 minutes, or until the skin is blistered and mostly brown/black. Carefully remove.
- Using tongs, place the jalapeños on a cutting board, then place a bowl top side down over the jalapeños (so they are completely covered and air cannot escape). Let sit for 15 minutes (this allows the peppers to steam so the skins can easily be removed).
- After 15 minutes remove the bowl, then carefully push the skins off of the peppers and discard.
- Dice the skinless jalapeño peppers and proceed with recipe.
For more delicious breakfast ideas, checkout these recipes:
- Apple Monkey Bread with Caramel Drizzle
- Best Banana Bread and Muffins
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Make-Ahead Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- Loaded Breakfast Nachos
- Pumpkin Pancakes (healthier Greek yogurt recipe)
If you like jalapeños as much as I do, checkout these other jalapeño recipes!
- Jalapeno Popper Bombs (easy appetizer)
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers (KETO/Low Carb)
- Jalapeno Popper Cheese Bread
- Jalapeno Ranch Pull Apart Bread
- Spicy Jalapeno Mac & Cheese
Jalapeno Cheddar Cream cheese is the perfect bagel topping! Packed full of roasted jalapenos and cheddar cheese, it will be a crowd favorite!
- 4 roasted jalapenos, diced (see directions above for how to roast jalapeños)
- ¼ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese , shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I used ⅓ less fat/neufatchel), room temperature
In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos. Using a form or masher, stir until completely combined and no big clumps. You could also use your stand mixer or electric mixer for this.
Place in an air tight container, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
First published in March 2015. Updated March 2022.
Nutrition per serving: 84 calories, 6g fat, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g protein.
*Calculated based on using ⅓ less fat cream cheese. For accurate nutritional information please use a calculator like Myfitnesspal using your specific ingredients.