Jalapeno Popper Cheese Bread is the perfect blend of spice and creaminess topped with crunchy bacon. This appetizer will not last long at your next party!
Like I mentioned earlier, I LOVE jalapeños and also cheese (who doesn't love cheese?!), but I absolutely hate cooking with jalapenos. Why? Because the residue they leave on your hands is soooo nasty! On more than one occasion I have rubbed my eye after touching a jalapeno, and it is NOT pretty. It's actually horrible and you can expect your eye to burn like a laser is shooting into it for hours. It's horrible.
However, when cooking with them, you HAVE to touch them...there is no way around it, unless you wear gloves, but I don't love messing with those either. I have come up with a pretty good routine to avoid Jalapeno residue in my eyes, and it includes immediately washing with Lava Soap.
Right after I'm done with the jalapeños, I wash my hands immediately with Lava Soap. I love Lava Soap because it really gets EVERYTHING off your hands. You don't have to worry about the nasty residue being left anywhere on your skin, which is reassuring. I like to order my soap off Amazon, but they sell it in stores as well.
You can even use Lava Soap outside of the kitchen; it's great for getting grime, grease, paint, ink, glue and much more off your hands. We keep them all around our house, but especially in the kitchen and in our mud room where I wash my hands after doing dirty work around the house and garage. I love it!
Back to our delicious Jalapeno Popper Bread...it's a VERY simple recipe. All you need is some cheese, jalapenos, spices, and if you want, bacon (who doesn't want bacon?!). I've made it several times now, and people rave about it with and without the bacon. If you know there are going to be some vegetarians around, you might want to do half the bread with bacon, and leave half without bacon...up to you!
When should you make this Jalapeno Popper Bread?
- Having a girl's night in?! Whip up Jalapeno Popper bread to make everyone happy!
- If you are attending a holiday potluck or summer BBQ, make it ahead of time, but don't bake it. Stick it in the fridge until 45 minutes before you need to leave. Then pop it in the oven for 30 minutes, cover it in foil and bring it to your party HOT! People will love it!
- It's also great for Birthday Parties or Anniversaries...nothing says I love you like Jalapeno Popper Bread!
- I love whipping this bread up for fun activities like watching the BIG GAME or your favorite Sunday night show..Like Game of Thrones. Do ittttt!
- 1 loaf of crusty fresh bread, cut in half - like French or Italian from the bakery
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 jalapeños diced
- 1 jalapeño chopped into thin rounds
- 2 green onions chopped and divided
- 3 strips bacon cooked and roughly chopped
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, add cream cheese. Microwave for 45 seconds to soften. Add sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, pepper jack cheese, diced jalapeños, 1 green onion; mix with a fork until completely combined.
Lay your bread halves inside up, and pull out a little bit of the bread from the centers, making a small indentation (you don't need to take a lot). Spread half the cream cheese mixture on one side, then the rest on the other side. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top. Sprinkle bacon over the top. Add jalapeño rounds and remaining green onions.
Cover/tent loosely with foil (careful not to push foil down as we don't want the cheese to stick to the foil). Place into oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil, turn oven to broil. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbling. Watch VERY closely as it can burn quickly on broil.
Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
Like cheesy bread as much as I do?! Check out these other recipes!
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!