Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal! Packed with pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in an ultra-creamy sauce makes this over-the-top delicious!
Using the instant pot to make this tuscan chicken pasta takes all the work and effort out of preparing this meal! It’s so easy to take dinner to the next level with Garofalo® Elicoidali Pasta, which is made from 100% highest-quality durum wheat semolina. I love using their gourmet pasta even for my everyday meals – it definitely takes my pasta recipes to the next level! Just toss it into the instant pot along with the other ingredients, set it, and forget it! After just a few minutes, dinner is ready! Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta will be a staple in your household meal rotation!
If you’re not familiar with Garofalo pasta, it’s a must! Garofalo has a rich history and was established in 1789 in Gragnano, Italy – the homeland of pasta! They even hold the longest history in pasta (they’re more than 200 years old!). Their pasta is still made in Italy and is the pasta that Italians eat. Their packaging is completely transparent – nothing to hide, everything to share. I buy it at my local Ingles. This post is sponsored by Garofalo® Pasta. All comments and opinions are my own.
Making this Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta couldn't be easier! Let me tell you how!
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Pasta in the Instant Pot:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get all the ingredients together! It's easiest to have everything prepared before starting to cook.
- I use Garofalo Elicoidali Pasta for this recipe because it’s superior quality, made in Italy (the pasta the Italians eat), and it’s a gourmet pasta for everyday meals! You can find it in the pasta aisle at your local Ingles grocery store.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes. Set the instant pot to sauté mode, and then add oil to the pot. Heat for 1 minute, then add the chicken. Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken, then sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Garofalo Elicoidali Pasta. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything in the pot, and then press the pasta down into the broth, trying to cover as much as possible.
- Close the lid of the instant pot, then turn the valve to the sealed position. Set the instant pot on manual for 4 minutes.
- Remember that the Instant Pot will need time to ‘come to pressure’ before the 4 minutes starts counting down. This might take 10-15 minutes depending on the instant pot model. Once the pressure is built up, the timer will count down.
- After the timer has gone off, allow the pot to sit and release pressure naturally (do not flip the valve) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the pressure valve and release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and stir. Add the baby spinach and stir. Add the cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stir until completely combined.
- Loosely place the lid back on the instant pot and allow the tuscan chicken pasta to stand in the pot for 5 minutes (this will help thicken the sauce), add fresh basil leaves, then stir again before serving.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect everyday meal! It is so delicious and so simple to make! The flavor profile is elevated, but not intimidating! I love that Garofalo uses a traditional bronze-dye to give their pasta a coarse and porous texture so your sauce will cling to it better! This creamy dish will be a family favorite!
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy healthy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Great for tacos, salads, rice bowls, or just plain!
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup is rich with flavor and takes only a fraction of the time to make. Warm up on a cold day with this major comfort food
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal! Packed with pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in an ultra creamy sauce makes this over-the-top delicious!
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 32 ounces reduced sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 12 ounces Garofalo Elicoidali pasta
- 6-7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil (different jars are different sizes, either will work), and chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese (regular or reduced fat), chopped into 4 blocks
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (from a block of cheese, not the green container)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
Set the instant pot to sauté mode, and add 1 TBS oil to the pot. Let heat for 1 minute. Add the cubed chicken to the pot. Add dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add broth, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Garofalo Elicoidali Pasta. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything together, then press the pasta down into the broth trying to cover as much as possible (if some is still out of the broth, it is okay).
Close the lid of the instant pot, and set the valve to the sealed position. Set the instant pot on manual for 4 minutes. After the time is up, let the pressure release naturally (don't touch the valve) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, carefully flip the valve to the open position (steam will come out of the valve), and let the remaining pressure be released.
Open the lid of the instant pot and stir. Add baby spinach, and stir. Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese, and stir until completely incorporated.
Loosely place the lid back on the instant pot, and let the tuscan chicken pasta sit for 5 minutes (this will help thicken the sauce), add fresh basil leaves, then stir again before serving.
Serve and garnish with extra basil and parmesan cheese is desired.
**Nutrition based off reduced fat cream cheese and boneless skinless chicken breast. Use your own nutrition calculator with your specific ingredients for the most accurate calorie count.