Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal! Packed with pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in an ultra-creamy sauce makes this over-the-top delicious!
Using the instant pot to make this tuscan chicken pasta takes all the work and effort out of preparing this meal! Just toss into the instant pot, set it, and forget it! After just a few minutes, dinner is ready! Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta will be a staple in your household meal rotation!
Making this Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta couldn't be easier! Let me tell you how!
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Pasta in the Instant Pot:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get all the ingredients together! It's easiest to have everything prepared before starting to cook.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes. Set the instant pot to sauté mode, and then add oil to the pot. Heat for 1 minute, then add the chicken. Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken, then sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Pasta. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything in the pot, and then press the pasta down into the broth, trying to cover as much as possible.
- Close the lid of the instant pot, then turn the valve to the sealed position. Set the instant pot on manual for 4 minutes.
- Remember that the Instant Pot will need time to ‘come to pressure’ before the 4 minutes starts counting down. This might take 10-15 minutes depending on the instant pot model. Once the pressure is built up, the timer will count down.
- After the timer has gone off, allow the pot to sit and release pressure naturally (do not flip the valve) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the pressure valve and release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and stir. Add the baby spinach and stir. Add the cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stir until completely combined.
- Loosely place the lid back on the instant pot and allow the tuscan chicken pasta to stand in the pot for 5 minutes (this will help thicken the sauce), add fresh basil leaves, then stir again before serving.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect everyday meal! It is so delicious and so simple to make! The flavor profile is elevated, but not intimidating! I love that Garofalo uses a traditional bronze-dye to give their pasta a coarse and porous texture so your sauce will cling to it better! This creamy dish will be a family favorite!
I love serving this meal with this Easy Garlic Bread or 3 Herb Garlic Cheese Breadsticks! So yummy!
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy healthy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Great for tacos, salads, rice bowls, or just plain!
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup is rich with flavor and takes only a fraction of the time to make. Warm up on a cold day with this major comfort food
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal! Packed with pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in an ultra creamy sauce makes this over-the-top delicious!
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 32 ounces reduced sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 12 ounces pasta
- 6-7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil (different jars are different sizes, either will work), and chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese (regular or reduced fat), chopped into 4 blocks
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (from a block of cheese, not the green container)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
Set the instant pot to sauté mode, and add 1 TBS oil to the pot. Let heat for 1 minute. Add the cubed chicken to the pot. Add dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add broth, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Pasta. Using a wooden spoon, stir everything together, then press the pasta down into the broth trying to cover as much as possible (if some is still out of the broth, it is okay).
Close the lid of the instant pot, and set the valve to the sealed position. Set the instant pot on manual for 4 minutes. After the time is up, let the pressure release naturally (don't touch the valve) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, carefully flip the valve to the open position (steam will come out of the valve), and let the remaining pressure be released.
Open the lid of the instant pot and stir. Add baby spinach, and stir. Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese, and stir until completely incorporated.
Loosely place the lid back on the instant pot, and let the tuscan chicken pasta sit for 5 minutes (this will help thicken the sauce), add fresh basil leaves, then stir again before serving.
Serve and garnish with extra basil and parmesan cheese is desired.
**Nutrition based off reduced fat cream cheese and boneless skinless chicken breast. Use your own nutrition calculator with your specific ingredients for the most accurate calorie count.
This looks like an amazing dish to bring to a potluck. Looks delicious!
Oh my goodness this looks so delicious and so yummy! My family is going to love this recipe! I can't wait!
This was a sure hit at my house!! A new favorite at my house!
I love how easy this dish is using the instant pot! Pasta is always a winning dish in our house and this was no exception. Delicious!
If I don't have an Instapot would I just cook everything in the pot on a stove until the pasta is done?
I'm seriously having one of those days - this will hit the spot and give me all those cozy vibes!
This came out perfect and the recipe was so easy to follow!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
This Tuscan Chicken Pasta is needs to happen at my house very soon!!
This quickly became a favorite meal at my house!!
katerina @ diethood.com
This Tuscan chicken pasta will not last long at our house!! Its amazing!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes
OH wow, this looks incredibly delicious! My family would LOVE this Tuscan chicken pasta!
Used sun dried tomato pesto, no cream cheese... kind of did my own thing with your basic idea. OMG Delicious! My husband said it was like something a local chef would make. Thanks for this wonderful idea! ❤
Yay!!! Go you for winging it and getting rave reviews!!!
I would like to use heavy cream instead of cream cheese, should I just throw a cup in there with the broth? Thanks!
Kristen I haven't tested that, so I am not sure. The cream cheese is to make the texture creamy. I don't know how using heavy cream would effect the outcome.
I made this last night and it was a big hit. It was delicious, comforting and really filling. It was also incredibly easy. I will be making this again in the future.
I am so happy you loved it, Mary! Happy New Year!
Soo good! Even my picky 3.5yr old ate it. My 20mo old loved it!! Definitely going into the recipe rotation. I used penne pasta since that's all I had on hand. I would probably use 16 oz instead of 12. That would be my only change.
How much is a serving size
1/6 of the total amount 🙂