This Creamy Pesto Pasta is full of tomatoes, artichokes, peas, and topped with a creamy pesto sauce! It’s sure to be a BBQ favorite!
Creamy Pesto Pasta is perfect for dinner, BBQs, pot lucks, or a quick lunch. would be perfect for occasion. Use store bought or homemade pesto (recipe below), both work well in this recipe. Delicious fresh basil is readily available in the summer, or you might even have your own plant – use it! I like to make this salad the night before I will be serving it, then refrigerate it and serve the next day; the flavor is amazing!
How to make Creamy Pesto Pasta:
- While the pasta is boiling, prepare the creamy pesto sauce, and prep the vegetables.
- Mix everything in a large bowl, making sure everything is coated in the sauce, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- TIP: Use a stock pot to cook your pasta, then mix everything in the same big pot – it will make mixing SO much easier!
How to make Homemade Pesto:
I have a great homemade pesto sauce recipe on Domestic Superhero, but it’s very simple:
- 1 cup basil leaves, 1 TBS olive oil, 2 TBS pine nuts (or any nuts work well), 2 TBS parmesan cheese, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place everything into a food processor, then process until combined. Scrape down the sides, then pulse a few seconds more. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
I like using tomatoes, peas, and artichokes in the this creamy pesto pasta, but if you don’t like a certain component, you can always substitute it with something else or leave it out. That’s the thing with pasta salad, you can pretty much throw whatever you want into it, and it will turn out delicious!
Other recipes you might enjoy with Creamy Pesto Pasta:
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Black Bean Burgers are deliciously cheesy, spicy hot, and protein packed black bean burgers! Perfect for the meatless grill option!
- Spicy Black Bean Avocado Burgers are spicy yet sweetened up with delicious honey BBQ sauce! Topped with a fresh avocado and pepper jack cheese – these are the perfect burgers!
- Spicy Black Bean Hawaiian BBQ Burgers will be a hit at your next BBQ, and even the meat eaters will be asking for this recipe!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is ready to eat in just minutes and is super flavorful! No need to peel the husk; corn on the cob can be cooked directly in the husk and then removed without a mess!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
This Creamy Pesto Pasta is full of tomatoes, artichokes, peas, and topped with a creamy pesto sauce! It's sure to be a BBQ favorite!
- 1 lb pasta I like rigatoni or a small circular pasta
- 1 cup homemade or store bought pesto
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 16 ounces artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped roughly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta el dente according to directions, drain and set aside in a large bowl.
In a small bowl mix pesto sauce and mayonnaise together and set aside.
IN a large bowl or the same stock pot you used to cook the pasta, add pasta, peas, artichokes, and tomatoes. Pour pesto mixture over the top and toss to mix and coat evenly.
Allow the salad to cool in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving, up to overnight.
Garnish with additional cheese and fresh basil if desired. Serve and enjoy!