Honey Mustard Chicken Strips are dipped in honey mustard and coated with a crispy breading! With both Air Fryer and baking directions, this is an easy meal!
Coming up with a quick and easy dinner is always such a daunting task. With these Honey Mustard Chicken Strips, it's a quick and easy main dish that can be paired with a Simple Wedge Salad or Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, or Copycat Panera’s Mac and Cheese! So easy to make so delicious!for a balanced complete meal. The whole family will love these easy yet delicious Honey Mustard Chicken Strips!
First off, they are SO easy! You only need a handful of ingredients – Chicken, panko, walnuts, parsley, honey, and mustard. Really…how easy is that?! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce such as Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce or Creamy Jalapeno Ranch!
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Strips:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get the ingredients together. Add panko, walnuts, and parsley into a food processor or blender and pulse until ground up. This is the coating for the chicken strips.
- Mix the yellow mustard with honey. If you have pre-mixed honey mustard you could also use that.
- Dip chicken strips in the mustard mixture, then coat them with the walnut crumb mixture, and then lay onto your baking sheet or place in the air fryer basket.
- To bake in oven:
- Place on baking sheet (I place a backing rack on top of my baking sheet to help get the bottoms crispy- see photo^) and give the tops a quick spray of olive oil spray - this will help get them crispy while cooking.
- Place into preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once time is up, switch oven to broil HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the coating is a bit browned. Remove and serve!
- To Air Fry Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders:
- Place chicken strips into the Air Fryer basket (not touching each other). Spray the tops with oil spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken strips over and lightly spray the tops with oil spray. Cook another 5-6 minutes or until the center is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees (I like to use this digital meat thermometer).
- Carefully remove. Repeat for remaining chicken strips.
- Serve Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders with your favorite dipping sauce such as Zax Sauce, Big Mac Sauce, or Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce.
You can store these Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders in the fridge for a few days, and just toss them in the oven or air fryer to crisp up the coating again.
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- OMORC Air Fryer 6QT -1600W Powerful Electric Hot Oven 10 Preset Menus Dual Control System 6-in-1 Function
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
Healthy eating makes your body feel great. Here are some of my other favorite healthy recipes:
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Caprese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Black Bean Enchiladas
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Big Mac Salad
- Big Mac Lettuce Wraps
Walnut Honey Mustard Chicken Strips - juicy chicken breast coasted in honey mustard and a crispy walnut panko! This recipe is easy and delicious!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or buy tenders, cut into strips
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 3 TBS honey
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 handful fresh parsley or 1 TBS dried
- olive oil spray
In a shallow dish/bowl, mix together yellow mustard and honey for chicken, set aside. Using a food processor or blender, add panko, walnuts, parsley, dash of salt, and dash of pepper; process for 1 minute or until processed into fine crumbs. Pour crumbs into a shallow bowl/container.
Taking each chicken strip, coat in honey mustard mixture, then place into crumb mixture and toss to coat. Repeat for all chicken strips.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange a baking sheet with a metal cooling rack** over the top (this is optional see note below), spray lightly with nonstick spray.
Set strips onto rack on top of baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the strips with olive oil spray. Place into oven and cook 15 minutes.
Turn oven to broil, and broil the strips for 2-3 minutes, watching closely to prevent burning. Remove from oven, carefully flip strips over, then place back into oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until that side has crisped up a bit (careful not to burn). Remove from oven and serve.
Place chicken strips into the Air Fryer basket (not touching each other). Spray the tops with oil spray. Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken strips over and lightly spray the tops with oil spray. Cook another 5-6 minutes or until the center is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Carefully remove. Repeat for remaining chicken strips.
**Using a wire rack while baking the chicken helps prevent the bottoms from getting soggy. If you use one, make sure it is oven safe and not plastic. Chicken can be set directly onto baking sheet if you don't want to use a wire rack.
- Makes 4 servings
- Nutritional information per serving: 273 calories, 7g fat, 25g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 14g sugar, 29g protein.
First posted September 2016. Updated February 2021.