Making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer is quick and easy. No boiling water, no green ring, and they’re easy to peel – these eggs are the BEST!
Making hard boiled eggs can be daunting, but with the air fryer it’s EASY! The best part about this air fryer method, is that there is no boiling water involved! Place the eggs into the air fryer, set it, and forget it. It’s THAT easy! Use the air fryer hard boiled eggs in delicious No-Mayo Avocado Egg Salad or add to a hearty Southwest Salad for the perfect balanced meal!
As I said, making Air fryer Hard Boiled Eggs will make YOUR LIFE EASIER! It takes a little bit of time thank my favorite Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, but the effort is so little that it is worth it! Here’s how you make them:
How to make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Add eggs straight from the fridge to the Air fryer. I set the eggs on a rack, but it’s not necessary if you don’t have one.
- Don’t overcrowd the eggs. I fit 8 eggs in my large 7qt air fryer.
- Close the air fryer and set the temperature to 250 degrees and the timer to 16 minutes.
- For yolks a little less cooked, set the timer for 14 minutes.
- When there are a few minutes left, add a few cups of ice to a large bowl, and then fill with cold water.
- When the time is up, carefully remove the eggs using tongs and place them into the ice bath for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs from the ice bath and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Top reasons to use the Air Fryer to make Hard Boiled Eggs:
- No green ring! I have made these dozens of times and there is never a green ring around the yolk!
- So hands-off! Set them and forget them!
- Easy to make in bulk! Make a bunch of eggs and store them in the fridge for easy meals and snacking!
- I label an egg carton ‘HARD BOILED’ and keep them in the fridge ready to go at all times!
- Doesn’t heat up the house!
- Majorly easy to peel! After the ice bath these eggs are super easy to peel! Feel free to peel and store, or leave in the shell until you are ready to consume them!
How to use Hard Boiled Eggs:
I love eating Hard Boiled eggs plain or with a little bit of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (make it yourself using this everything bagel seasoning recipe), but there are many ways to incorporate them into your meals! Try some of these:
- No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad
- Southwestern Salad with Jalapeno Ranch
- Potato Salad
- Creamy Pesto Caprese Potato Salad
- Easy Dyed Easter Eggs
Are Hard Boiled Eggs Healthy?
YES! One large egg contains 80 calories, 5g fat, 1g carbohydrates, and 6g protein!
- One egg contains over 10 percent of your daily recommended Vitamin D intake!
- Hard-boiling and poaching have shown to be the healthiest methods of preparing eggs, as they don’t require oil or butter for cooking.
- Hard boiled eggs are LOW CARB (KETO/Southbeach friendly), gluten free, Paleo approved, Whole30 approved, and are vegetarian!
- Eggs contain phosphorus, vitamin B12, and essential amino acids. Eggs also contain 15% of your daily riboflavin intake and also include folate, iron, vitamin B6, and zinc!
How long do Hard Boiled Eggs keep in the fridge?
- It’s recommended not to keep eggs over a week in the fridge. I prep as many as I will need for the week and eat them throughout the week.
How to re-heat hard boiled eggs:
I like air fryer hard boiled eggs cold, but if you like them on the warmer side, try this tip:
- Place eggs in a glass bowl and pour boiling water over the top of the eggs (keep eggs in shell). Let sit for 5-10 minutes then remove the shell and eat.
- Do NOT reheat eggs in the microwave- they will EXPLODE!
What type of Air Fryer Should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- OMORC Air Fryer XL, 5.8QT Air fryer Oven Oilless Cooker with Hot Air Circulation Tech for Fast Healthier Food
- Tidylife Air Fryer XL, 1700W 5.8 QT 8-in-1 Digital Touch Screen Oilless Air Fryer
- GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer – this one includes a recipe book with over 50 recipes!!
If you like nutritious side dishes, you have to see these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- Air Fryer Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are going to be your new go-to side dish. Only a handful of ingredients and only 132 calories per serving!
- Air Fryer Asparagus Fries have less than 5 ingredients, NO oil, and done in less than 10 minutes! These will become a favorite side dish or snack!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are the perfect snack! With no oil and only a handful of ingredients, they’re easy and guilt-free with only 121 calories per serving!
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is an incredibly easy, quick, and delicious side dish. This lower calorie air fryer option will become a staple side dish!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus Recipe only has a handful of ingredients; Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe !
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer is quick and easy. No boiling water, no green ring, and they're easy to peel – these eggs are the BEST!
- 8 large eggs (as many eggs as needed)
Add eggs straight from the fridge to the Air fryer. I set the eggs on a rack, but it’s not necessary if you don’t have one.
Close the air fryer and set the temperature to 250 degrees and the timer to 16 minutes. *For yolks a little less cooked, set the timer for 14 minutes.
When there are a few minutes left, add a few cups of ice to a large bowl, and then fill with cold water.
When the time is up, carefully remove the eggs using tongs and place them into the ice bath for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs from the ice bath and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Top with salt, pepper, or everything but the bagel seasoning for a quick snack or meal!