Coloring Easter Eggs has never been easier! These Easy Dyed Easter Eggs only use two things, shaving cream or cool whip & food coloring!
Now that Easter is only a few days away, I wanted to share my favorite way to dye eggs! These Easy Dyed Easter Eggs are seriously so simple, and the kids will love helping and seeing the vibrant colors (that's my favorite part too)!
How pretty are these Easy Dyed Easter Eggs?!?! All you need is gel food coloring and shaving cream OR cool whip.
***If you are planning to eat these hard boiled eggs, I recommend using cool whip instead of shaving cream. You want to make sure that you aren't accidentally consuming the chemicals from the shaving cream.***
How to make Easy Dyed Easter Eggs:
- First off, if you use a muffin tin, it makes this REALLY easy! Load up each hole with shaving cream or cool whip. Add a few drops of gel food coloring (I like this one) to each hole.
- I did 2 colors in each one.
- Then, using a toothpick, lightly swirl the color around. You don't want to mix it up too much otherwise you won't have a big color contrast on your eggs!
- Next up, place the hard boiled eggs into each hole and lightly press down!
- Leave the eggs here for about 10 minutes and then flip them over!
- Leave the eggs for 10 more minutes on the opposite side.
- Remove the eggs from the tins, then lightly rinse them off. Set them on a paper towel or kitchen towel to dry.
Did you try these?!?! Tag me on Instagram @DomesticSuperhero or leave a review below!
I plan on hiding the eggs for my kids on Easter morning. What will you do with your Easy Dyed Easter Eggs?
More fun recipes for Easter:
- Left over Peeps? These Peeps Smores are the answer! Marshmallow Peeps, milk chocolate, and graham crackers make the perfect Easter Smores!
- Instant Pot Lemon Cake (shortcut recipe) is moist, delicious, and easy!
- From brunch recipes to dessert, I have 23 of the BEST Easter Recipes for you! Definitely something that everyone will enjoy on Easter!
- A Carrot Cake Trifle is the ultimate easy dessert! Using boxed or homemade carrot cake, layering a delicious cream cheese mixture, and topping with walnuts make the perfect quick dessert!
- Easy Carrot Cake Squares are the full of fresh carrots and topped with delicious cream cheese frosting and walnuts!
Coloring Easter Eggs has never been easier! For these Easy Dyed Easter Eggs you only need two ingredients, shaving cream and food coloring!
- cool whip or shaving cream
- 12 hard boiled eggs (see recipe below)
- gel food coloring
- toothpick or something to swirl the colors
Using a muffin tin, load up each hole with shaving cream or cool whip. Add a few drops of gel food coloring (I like this one) to each hole. *I did 2 colors in each one* Then, using a toothpick, lightly swirl the color around. Don't mix it up too much otherwise you won’t have a big color contrast on your eggs.
Next, place the hard boiled eggs into each hole and lightly press down! Leave the eggs here for about 10 minutes and then carefully flip them over. Leave another 10 minutes.
Lightly rinse them off. Set them on a paper towel or kitchen towel to dry.