The Best Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are so easy to make! Done in a few minutes and super easy to peel, you'll never make them any other way again!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are so easy to make and take little effort and time! Since I learned how to make them in the Instant pot, I will never make them any other way; it's just too easy! Eat them plain or use them in Egg Salad! I love using my instant pot for other easy meals too, like Bang Bang Chicken or Thai Coconut Soup- YUM! Grab the Instant Pot and get ready to whip these up!
As I mentioned earlier, these Hard Boiled Eggs are SO easy! This is how we make them:
How to make the BEST instant pot hard boiled eggs:
**scroll all the way down for printable directions, full ingredient list, and step by step video**
- Using a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water to the bottom, then place the trivet or rack in the bottom of the pot.
- Place medium or large eggs on the trivet. I usually make up to 8 in my 6 quart instant pot, but you can add more or less.
- Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is in the sealed position.
- Set the pot on high or manual pressure, for 4 minutes.
- You should remember when using the Instant Pot, that the time it takes to cook the recipe (4 mins), is not the total time of the recipe. You need to give the pot some time to ‘come to pressure’. Since there isn't much liquid, this should take 5-10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the pot sit for 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes is up, flip the sealed valve to release the pressure. Be careful as steam will come out of the valve.
- While the pressure is releasing, fill a medium size bowl with water and ice cubes. Remove the top from the Instant Pot and then carefully remove the eggs and place them into the ice bath. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once they have sat for 5 minutes, go ahead and remove them from the water. Peel and serve or place in the fridge and store until ready to eat!
Are Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Healthy?
YES! One large egg contains 80 calories, 5g fat, 1g carbohydrates, and 6g protein!
- One egg contains over 10 percent of your daily recommended Vitamin D intake!
- Hard-boiling and poaching have shown to be the healthiest methods of preparing eggs, as they don’t require oil or butter for cooking.
- Hard boiled eggs are LOW CARB (KETO/Southbeach friendly), gluten free, Paleo approved, Whole30 approved, and are vegetarian!
- Eggs contain phosphorus, vitamin B12, and essential amino acids. Eggs also contain 15% of your daily riboflavin intake and also include folate, iron, vitamin B6, and zinc!
How long do Hard Boiled Eggs keep in the fridge?
- It's recommended not to keep eggs over a week in the fridge. I prep as many as I will need for the week and eat them throughout the week.
How to re-heat hard boiled eggs:
I like instant pot hard boiled eggs cold, but if you like them on the warmer side, try this tip:
- Place eggs in a glass bowl and pour boiling water over the top of the eggs (keep eggs in shell). Let sit for 5-10 minutes then remove the shell and eat.
- Do NOT reheat eggs in the microwave- they will EXPLODE!
How to use Instant Pot Hard Boiled eggs?
I love eating Hard Boiled eggs plain, but there are many ways to incorporate them into your meals! Try some of these:
- Classic Egg Salad is the perfect lunch or dinner; light, delicious, and has tons of modification options! This is the best and easiest Egg Salad recipe!
- Avocado Egg Salad! Use healthy avocados and hard boiled eggs to make a delicious no-mayo egg salad! Use the egg salad in sandwiches or in lettuce wraps for a lower carb option!
- Potato Salad is delicious at a BBQ! Cut up the Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs and use them in a potato salad!
- Add chopped hard boiled eggs to this delicious Southwestern Salad! Perfect filling healthy meal!
- Creamy Pesto Caprese Potato Salad is a delicious spring and summer salad that is lightened up with Greek Yogurt! Add hard boiled eggs chopped up for extra protein!
Like the Instant Pot as much as I do? Checkout my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Thai Coconut Soup is a delicious, comforting vegetarian Thai recipe which takes less than 10 minutes to cook! Includes tofu or chicken options!
- Instant Pot Asian Pork cooks up in just minutes, and is the perfect healthy dinner! Use the juicy meat in lettuce wraps, sliders, or a salad!
- Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes are full of cheese, bacon, and green onions! Ultra creamy and delicious, these are the best loaded mashed potatoes!
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are done in a fraction of the time as traditional baked potatoes, and are the creamiest baked potatoes you will ever eat!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus has only a handful of ingredients! Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe!
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a stunning dessert that comes together in no time! Not only is it amazingly easy, but it’s the best cheesecake EVER!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf: In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup water
Using a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water to the pot, then place the trivet or rack in the bottom of the pot.
Place 8 medium or large eggs on the trivet. **you can add more or less** Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is in the sealed position. Set the instant pot on high or manual pressure, for 4 minutes.
Once the time is up, let the pot sit for 5 minutes (natural release). Flip the sealed valve to release the remaining pressure. *Be careful as steam will come out of the valve.*
Fill a medium size bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
Remove the top from the Instant Pot and then carefully remove the eggs and place them into the ice bath. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
Remove them from the water. Peel and serve or place in the fridge and store until ready to eat up to one week.
Eggs will stay fresh for 7 days in the fridge.
These are seriously amazing, Peeled perfectly.
These eggs really do come out perfectly! I make them weekly!
This is awesome! My favorite way to cook hard boiled eggs!
Making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot has been life changing! I love how easy they are to peel!
LOVE how easy it is to hard boil eggs in the instant pot - i'll never go back to stove top!
I only make hard-boiled eggs in my Instant Pot....soo easy! 🙂
Best way to make hard-boiled eggs!
Crazy easy and it works!! Best and easiest peeling eggs ever!
Thanks for this recipe. It never really occurred to me to use my Instant Pot to make hard boiled eggs. I’ll give it a try and see how it goes.
This is the easiest way to make hardboiled eggs!
The easiest way to make hard boiled eggs! Love them!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
I adore hard boiled eggs! I don't make them as often as I should, but the IP sure does simplify things!
Sooo I followed this to the T and my egg yolks are jelly. I put it on for 4 additonal minutes and now its like pictured. BUT i will say, they were super easy to peel even at this recipe.
I am so sorry that happened, and I can't imagine why! I use this method at least once a week and it always works!!! I suggest next time trying 5 minutes and going from there. You selected the high/manual setting, correct?
I followed the recipe but 3 of my eggs burst. Any idea what I did wrong?
They may have had tiny fractures in the shells already. It is best to use fresh/new eggs for this. It is okay if they burst, they are still edible.