Seriously though, you’re drooling, right? I cannot get enough of these ‘Bites’. Mars candy has really outdone themselves with this product. From Snickers Bites to Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites, and now they have TWIX® Bites. TWIX® Bites!!!! My all time favorite candy bar in a bite size package. Cannot. Get. Enough. When I heard these were being released a few weeks ago, I knew I had to get my hands on them ASAP and make my all time favorite dessert, cheesecake, with them. TWIX® + Cheesecake is the perfect marriage, and I was not about to object.
I decided I wanted to make the cheesecake in bar form, because it’s so much easier to eat. You can just pick it up and take it to go, unlike a big slice of pie/cheesecake. I wanted to make a crust for the bars that resembled the cookie inside the TWIX® candy, because I didn’t want to distract from the main TWIX® cheesecake flavor with a more elaborate crust. Plus, I figured these bad boys would already be very sweet with all the toppings I had in mind.
Making the bars was actually pretty easy, and I would highly recommend you make these for ANY party/event where you need to bring a dessert. These are seriously the best dessert I’ve made to date, and I am not just saying that. I can’t wait until I can eat another five one. I almost thought that I should only do one topping, either chocolate or caramel to avoid it being too sweet, but you need both. Yes, you need both.
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped TWIX® Bites
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- caramel sauce homemade or store bought is fine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. With a wooden spoon mix together flour and baking powder and then blend into butter mixture. Mix until it's has an even consistency and all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Line an 11x7 baking dish with foil and spread dough evenly on the bottom, pressing with your fingers to even out.
4. Bake for 14-17, or until edges are lightly browned. Set on wire rack and cool at least one hour.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs on medium speed until smooth. Be sure to get out all clumps.
3. Using a spoon stir in 2 cups of the chopped TWIX Bites (reserve the remaining 1/2 cup for the top)
4. Pour mixture on top of the crust, spreading evenly. Bake at 325 degrees until set, 45 - 50 minutes. 5. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
6. Place chocolate chips inside a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and continue to microwave in 30 second increments until melted (stir, microwave, stir, microwave, etc).
7. Drizzle light layer of melted chocolate over the top of the bars. Then sprinkle the remaining chopped TWIX bites. Drizzle 2nd layer of melted chocolate over the top, and then drizzle layer of caramel sauce over the top.
8. Chill until firm, about 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Cut in bar slices and serve!
**If you want a cleaner cut when making the bars, you can make everything and then chill for 6-8 hours. After they are completely chilled you can cit into bars, and then add all the toppings (chocolate drizzle, TWIX Bites, and caramel sauce) to each individual bar. If you are concerned about their appearance this may be a better option as they won't be as messy when you cut them up in the end.
Things you might need for this recipe (aff links):
Like desserts? Check out these other delicious cheesecake based recipes
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!