Perfect for Halloween and with only two ingredients, this Chunky Salsa Cheese dip is the perfect spooky appetizer!
Over the years, I have come to appreciate a good Halloween snack. There is so much candy on Halloween, that sometimes it’s nice to have some substantial food as well. I have been a lover of chunky salsa cheese dip, and have been making it since I was a kid. The cream cheese and salsa pair perfectly; We LOVE it at my house.
The best part about it is that it only takes 5 minutes to whip up, and then you can refrigerate it overnight for the best flavor. With only TWO ingredients, this chunky salsa cheese dip is both frugal and a crowd pleaser!
How to make the Chunky Salsa Cheese Dip:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Add the salsa and cream cheese to a blender or food processor. Blend for 30-60 seconds, then scrape down the sides. Blend again about 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Add to the halloween Pumpkin: carve a face with a WIDE MOUTH opening. Place a tray coming from the mouth, then add the halloween cheese dip on top.
- Serve the salsa cheese dip with crackers, veggie sticks, or whatever you like!
Need more ideas for Halloween? Check these out:
- Halloween Sugar Cookies (Monsters)
- Last Minute DIY Halloween Costumes
- 20+ Halloween Treats
- Halloween Snack Tray (Charcuterie Board)
- 30 Recipes for Leftover Halloween Candy
Perfect for Halloween, this Chunky Salsa Cheese dip is the perfect spooky appetizer!
- 24 ounces medium salsa any variety, I like chunky or restaurant style
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- crackers or veggies for serving, any variety
In a food processor/electric mixer/stand mixer (any of these will work), combine cream cheese and salsa. Process or mix until well combined and all cream cheese chunks are gone.
Place in a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving (overnight works great!).
I have tried this dip with low fat cream cheese as well and it works just as great!
- Published in 2014. Updated October 2025.