Everyone’s favorite key lime pie turned into a mini dessert! Layer the traditional pie fillings in a shooter glass for key lime pie shots; the perfect party dessert!
Key Lime Pie Shots are the perfect mini dessert that come together in no time. You can make these the morning of a party, then have them ready to go come party time! If you love key lime pie as much as I do, you should also see my Key Lime Pie Dip and Skinny Mini Key Lime Pies! Key Lime Pie Shots are quick and simple to make, yet taste like they took hours to put together; everyone will love them!
How to make Key Lime Pie Shots:
**Scroll all the way down for full printable directions and ingredient list**
- Make the key lime pie filling first. Once that is set, layer the shot glasses (I like these plastic disposable shot glasses) with crushed graham crackers, key lime pie filling, and then continue until you reach the top of the glass. Add a bit of whipped cream and sprinkle a few more graham cracker crumbs. Add a quarter of a lime wedge for garnish.
- Serve immediately or place into the fridge until time to serve.
Different ways to serve Key Lime Pie Shots:
No shot glasses? No problem. Use these plastic disposable shot glasses, or serve the mini key lime pie desserts in different glasses; a rocks glass or wine glass work great for these as well as a parfait glass or bowl. Layer just as stated above and serve!
Can I make Key Lime Pie Shots in Advance?
Yes! Make the filling in advance but do not assemble the shot glasses until the day of serving. Having the ingredients prepped makes for easy assembly the day the key lime pie shots are needed. Assemble the key lime pie shots up to 6 hours before serving, and store in the fridge. Add whipped cream right before serving.
When to serve Key Lime Pie Shots:
Key Lie Pie Shots are perfect for a potluck, dinner party, BUNCO party, holiday party, New Years Eve, Super Bowl event, or girls night! These would also be great at a BBQ with the little plastic disposable shot glasses.
Other desserts you might be interested in making:
- Key Lime Pie Dip is the perfect no-fuss dessert! Bring this to potluck or party and everyone will ask for the recipe!
- Strawberry Mousse – A sweet. creamy spring time berry dessert
- Skinny Mini Key Lime Pies are a healthier take on Key Lime Pie. Individual servings make portion control a cinch and they are just as delicious as the original!
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Cheesecake is made in the slow cooker and topped with the most delicious cranberry compote! Perfect holiday dessert!
- TWIX Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate & Caramel Drizzle are the ultimate left-over candy dessert! Whip these up for your next party!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Everyone's favorite key lime pie turned into a mini dessert! Layer traditional pie fillings in shooter glasses for key lime pie shots; the perfect party dessert!
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese neufatchel cheese
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 limes zest and juice set aside
- 15 graham crackers pulsed into crumbs
- whipped cream for topping
Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, combine cream cheese and condensed milk until well mixed. Add lime juice and half the lime zest; mix to combine.
Transfer to bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
Using your shooter glasses, layer dip/graham crackers, until you reach the top. Add whipped cream*, and lime zest. Garnish with lime wedge if desired. Repeat with all shooter glasses.
Refrigerate until serving, up to 6 hours before serving*
Makes 20+ shooters
- Will keep 6 hours in the fridge before serving.
- If not serving immediately, I would wait until serving time to add the whipped cream.