Mint Chocolate Skillet Brownies are minty, gooey, and totally delicious!
I have fallen into a slight obsession with the dessert known as a skillet brownie. Really, these skillet brownies are no different than making brownies in a baking dish…but they feel WAY different. Probably because I feel like I can eat it straight out of the skillet without it being so weird. I’ve been making these in all sorts of varieties lately too…caramel, fudge, cranberry..the sky is the limit! So, when I had some leftover mint chocolates, from making these delicious Mint Chocolate Dipped Pretzels, I knew EXACTLY what I was going to make. Let me introduce you to this marvelous Mint Chocolate Skillet Brownie!
This is super simple to throw together, not many ingredients, and the homemade brownie tastes as good as boxed brownies, trust me. If you don’t feel like we are at that level of trust just yet, go ahead and use your favorite boxed brownie, add the mint chocolate, and bake it up in a skillet…it will still be amazing, I know it. Go on with your badself.
Luckily for me, my husband doesn’t like mint and chocolate together (hello, crazy), so I thought I had this whole delicious Mint Chocolate Brownie to myself…no such luck. My son spotted this and knew right away he wanted to dive into the deliciousness. I’ll share with him…for now at least.
Another reason I like the idea of a skillet brownie, is because if you are going to a party or something, you can just bring this with you, in the skillet, and it looks so good. Totally effortless presentation. Don’t add the ice cream until you get there though…and then you might want to add plastic spoons…don’t want that silver scraping up your skillet!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate, chopped and divided
- ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder to bowl; mix to combine, but don’t over mix. Set 2 TBS of chopped mint chocolate aside, and then add the rest of the mint chocolate to the batter and fold to combine.
- 3. Pour batter into skillet and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining mint chocolate on the top of the batter.
- 4. Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check at 30 minutes with a toothpick and cook additional minutes if needed. Remove from oven.
- 5. Slice and serve topped with ice cream and more mint chocolate if desired.
- You can eat this straight out of the skillet (best way, in my opinion), or you can cut sliced and serve. I recommend using a plastic knife to cut - you get the smoothest cut and you won’t damage your cast iron skillet. Enjoy!
Things you might need to make this recipe (aff. links)
Like dessert as much as I do? Then check out these other dessert recipes from Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!