I know I have posted a Crab Cake recipe before, but that was for low-carb crab cakes, and this is a little different. Using fresh ingredients and minimal fillers, these Crab Cakes makes this recipe healthy, light, and easy. Per serving these crab cakes clock in under 200 calories (no sauce), and with only 13 grams of carbohydrates they are technically low-carb as well. These would be great for dinner, a snack, or to serve at a party. I just love how they look! You can serve them up with various sauces or dips, too!
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola-based mayonnaise such as Spectrum brand
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 pound lump crabmeat drained and shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
Combine first 8 ingredients. Add panko and crab, tossing gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Fill a ⅓-cup dry measuring cup with crab mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a ¾-inch-thick patty. Repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture, forming 8 cakes.
Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 crab cakes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Carefully turn cakes; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden and crab cakes are thoroughly heated. Remove cakes from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan dry with paper towels. Heat remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil in pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 crab cakes.
Makes 4 servings, 2 crab cakes per serving
Nutritional Information: 180 calories, 7 g fat, 8.3 g carbs, 19.7 g protein
Recipe from My Recipes