Only two ingredients to make these fun St. Patrick's Day themed Chocolate Covered Oreos! This is an easy delicious treat that everyone will enjoy!
Making Chocolate covered Oreos is super easy and takes hardly any time! These can be made for any holiday by switching the color of chocolate used to cover them. For St. Patrick's Day, using Green, White, or even adding Orange could be fun! You can add little candy embellishments, or leave them more plain. We used the same chocolate dipping technique in these fun Holiday Reindeer Cookies as well!
It's super easy to make these Chocolate Covered Oreos, here's how....
How to make Chocolate Covered Oreos:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get the ingredients together! You need candy melts for dipping. I used white candy melts and green candy melts. Alternatively you could use white chocolate bark and then add food coloring for the desired colors. You also need Oreos (or off band is fine too).
- Melt the chocolates and then set aside.
- Take the Oreo cookies, one by one, and dip them into the chocolate. You can cover them fully or halfway.
- I like doing halfway, but it is fun to cover them too.
- If you want to cover them fully, use a fork and dunk the cookie.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off, then set on a parchment lined baking sheet. Continue for all the cookies.
- Use left over melted chocolate to drizzle lines of the opposite color over the tops, or add fun candy embellishments. These St. Patrick's Candy Embellishments would be PERFECT!
- Put the covered cookies into the fridge and let set for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store the chocolate covered Oreo's in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks!
Want to make these for a different holiday or occasion? Try these fun options:
- Super Bowl: Use the colors from the teams who are playing in the big game!
- Valentine's Day: Use red, pink, and white chocolate for dipping
- Mardi Gras: Use green, purple, and yellow! Add black drizzle for dramatic effect! These themed candy toppers are so fun!
- Easter: Use pastel colors like light green, light pink, light purple, and light blue! Alternatively, this would be a great color scheme for a baby shower!
- 4th of July: Red, white, and blue chocolate! Embellish with little star candy toppers!
- Halloween: Orange and black are perfect for Halloween!
- Christmas: Use red and green candy melts and top with fun Christmas embellishments!
Like fun desserts as much as I do? Checkout these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
- 20+ Halloween Treats
- 25+ Holiday Cookie Recipes
- 25+ No-Bake Desserts
- 30 Fabulous 4th of July Desserts
- DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs (step by step directions with photos)
- M&M’s® Crispy Pretzel Bark
- Peep's S'mores
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Kettle Corn Clusters
Only two ingredients to make these fun St. Patrick’s Day themed Chocolate Covered Oreos! This is an easy delicious treat that everyone will enjoy!
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 12 ounce bag green candy melts
- 12 ounce bag white candy melts
- sprinkles, optional
Add the green candy melts to a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 60 seconds, then stir. Cook 30 seconds, stir. If additional time is needed cook in 15 second increments being careful not to overcook. Repeat for white candy melts in a separate bowl. Set aside.
Dip half of the cookies in the green chocolate. Repeat with the second half using the white chocolate. Set on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a fork, drizzle opposite color over the cookies if desired. Add sprinkles or toppings.
Set in the fridge or in a cool dry place for at least 60 minutes to set.
Store in air tight sealed container when not eating or serving. Will keep for 2 weeks.
Makes 24 cookies. Can be doubled, tripled, etc. Left over chocolate can be stored in a an air tight container and re-used/melted at a later time.