For some reason I always think of French Toast as being such a production. The mixing, the dipping, the cooking...it's not fast enough when you have a starving crowd on Saturday morning. However, once you get the steps down, it is actually really easy and quick to cook. I threw this together for a family breakfast last weekend to go along with the Easy Cheese Danish I made the night before. When we were finished we were in a carbohydrate induced coma and it was wonderful.
- Loaf of french bread I used 6 slices, 2 per person, sliced in 1 inch slices
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of skim milk
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Crack eggs into a shallow dish. Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk together. Once a little foamy it is ready.
2. Dip bread into egg mixture and coat both sides.
3. Spray skillet with Pam or other spray. Place bread into skillet and cook on medium/high until browned on one side (about 2 minutes). Flip and cook on other side until browned (1-2 minutes). Continue with the rest of the bread.
4. Serve warm with maple syrup or your favorite topping!