Air Fryer French Toast is quick, easy, and delicious! It takes barely any time to prep and cooks rapidly! This is a breakfast recipe staple!
Making breakfast in the Air Fryer is genius! Cleanup is easy and it makes the french toast in under 10 minutes! Best of all, you don't have to wait over the stovetop waiting to flip over the french toast! This Air Fryer French Toast will be a staple in your breakfast rotation!
If you want a more on-the-go version, French Toast Sticks may be right for you! Serve this french toast alongside this delicious Honey lime Fruit Salad for the perfect meal!
If you haven't jumped on the Air Fryer train, you need to! It's my favorite appliance and it takes the place of a toaster, toaster oven, microwave, fryer, and microwave (for the most part). I highly recommend purchasing an Air Fryer if you haven't already! I’ve shared so many easy air fryer recipes with y’all, including French Toast Sticks, Asparagus Fries, Avocado Fries, Air Fryer Hot Dogs and so many other air fryer recipes!
How to make Air Fryer French Toast
**scroll all the way down for full ingredient list and step by step printable directions, as well as a step by step video**
- Prepare the bread and egg mixture:
- Slice brioche or challah bread into thick slices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add egg, cream/half and half, vanilla, and cinnamon; whisk to combine completely; set aside
- Make an assembly line: setup whisked egg mixture and bread next to each other.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick oil spray (I like to use a MISTO SPRAYER like this one) or use a parchment paper liner so the bread doesn't stick to the basket (this is important).
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture being sure to flip and coat both sides. Lift out of the mixture and allow to drip for a few seconds, then place into the air fryer basket. Repeat for remaining slices
- I fit 4 slices in my air fryer, however you may fit more or less depending on the size of your air fryer.
- You may have to do 2-3 batches in the air fryer. Do not overcrowd or they will not get crispy.
- Close the Air Fryer and set to 400 degrees and 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the basket and carefully flip the french toast slices. Close the air fryer and cook 3-4 more minutes at 400 degrees. Time may vary slightly depending in air fryer model.
- Remove the french toast when finished and then cook remaining french toast slices.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar or your favorite toppings!
How to Freeze Air Fryer French Toast:
- Let the french toast cool completely. Place slices in a freezer safe bag (like these reusable ones), and then press out air before sealing. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook frozen french toast in the Air Fryer:
- Remove the frozen french toast from the bag. Place in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip over and cook another 2 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What type of Air Fryer should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven, 6 Quart: 6-in-1, Broil, Roast, Dehydrate, Bake, Non-stick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Stainless Steel
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT - Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Email
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Need more Breakfast inspiration?!?! Check out these delicious recipes as well:
- French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls (shortcut method)
- Apple Raisin Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Monkey Bread
- Loaded Breakfast Nachos
- Pumpkin Pancakes
Air Fryer French Toast is quick, easy, and delicious! It takes barely any time to prep and cooks rapidly! This is be a breakfast recipe staple!
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS milk, cream, or half and half
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf challah or brioche bread, cut into 8 thick slices
In a medium bowl, add egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon; whisk to combine completely; set aside
Make an assembly line: setup whisked egg mixture and bread next to each other.
Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick oil spray
Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture being sure to flip and coat both sides. Lift out of the mixture and allow to drip for a few seconds, then place into the air fryer basket. Repeat for remaining slices
Close the Air Fryer. Set to 400 degrees and 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the basket and carefully flip the french toast slices. Close the air fryer and cook 3-4 more minutes at 400 degrees. *Time may vary slightly depending in air fryer model.
Remove the french toast when finished and then cook remaining french toast slices.
Serve with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar or your favorite toppings!
*Nutritional information varies widely depending on the type of bread you use. Calculate accurate nutrition by using an app like MyFitnessPal and adding your specific ingredients. Calories also do not take toppings into consideration.
I am so happy I found this recipe, I had no idea you could make this in the air fryer!
my new favorite breakfast! This is amazing!
Awesome! I have never thought to do french toast in my air fryer! 🙂 So easy and amazing.
What a perfect use for my air fryer!
So delicious , Tip If you preheat the air fryer 2-3 mins it helps the food not stick
Thanks for the awesome tip 😉
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
This Air Fryer French Toast looks incredibly delicious!
katerina @ diethood.com
Such a fantastic french toast! I love that its made in the air fryer! YUM!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes
This looks incredible!! I bet it tastes amazing!!
What a great way to start my day! Looking forward to enjoying this for breakfast tomorrow; looks too good to pass up!
This was more like a dessert! The air fryer cooked my french toast to perfection! Crunchy outside with a moist center. My family loved this dish!
YASSSSS!!!!! Breakfast dessert is an A+ in my book 😉
This was super simple to make this morning! I can't believe how quick the prep was and how quickly it cooked in the air fryer. This is perfect for busy back to school mornings.
So easy! So happy y'all loved it as much as we do!
I lucked on making French Toast in my Air Fryer. I wanted to add a suggestion. Rum. Rum Extract kicks the taste to a whole, new level. As a French Toast lover, I had wanted to use rum flavoring since I read a recipe in Yankee Magazine (if you're from New England, you'll be familiar with this publication). It was for a bed and breakfast that they showcased, and they used Rum and Raisins in their French Toast. I no longer have that issue and don't know why it took me years to finally buy a bottle of rum extract. I skipped the raisins because I am not a raisin fan. Thanks for simplifying the temp and time it should be cooked on. I tried it at 375 and it took longer than I thought it would. Like you, I'm LOVING my Air Fryer. In fact, I also air-fried some frozen Sweet Italian Sausage links right out of my freezer. It was done in no time and nice and crispy on the outside! But I digress! French Toast in the Air Fryer? Heck YES!
Rec'd your email this morning with the French toast recipe and decided Now is the time. I was amazed at how crispy and delicious while the inside so soft. Best I have ever made or eaten. The only way I'll ever make French toast again. Perfect and easy to double or triple for a house full of company or like me...only person so made it with just one egg. Thanks so much!
What an amazing review! I am so happy you tried it out! I am going to share your comment on my Facebook page! Thank you!
You are so welcome and I always go to your emails asap as you have so many great recipes and hints. Love the options you give as to cooking...fry or air fry...you always give an option when so many don't.
Thank you! So happy to have you here with us!!!
My French toast came out crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside; just a bit moist. I had to adjust my cooking time a bit because I think air fryer varies.
Hi Allyson, QQ am I right to assume it’s 190kcal per slice rather than for all 8?
If not, I’m all over this while on my diet 😂
LOL! Yes, as it says there re 8 servings, 1 slice per serving! It's definitely worth it 😉