This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #gotortillaland #partyfood
Y’all are in for a HUGE treat today! Who loves Spinach and Artichoke as much as I do? Now, can you imagine having all that ooey-gooey dip between two crispy tortillas with a bunch of melted delicious cheese?!?! Well, you don’t have to imagine, because I’ve done it! I can’t wait to share these delicious Spinach & Artichoke Quesadillas with you!
I already knew that I wanted to use TortillaLand flour tortillas for this recipe. You can find them at Costco in the refrigerated area (see below), and they are super awesome. They have only 5 ingredients (and you can actually read them all) – wheat flour, water, canola oil, salt, sugar; and you get to cook them up yourself! All you do is heat them on each side in a skillet for a minute and they puff up and get those delicious tortilla bubbles right before your eyes! They are super fresh tasting and really delicious.
I picked up a couple other things at Costco (find your local Costco here), too. I don’t know about you, but I can never get out of Costco with just one thing – they have so many things I HAVE to have! Once I got home, I cooked up the tortillas, made the spinach artichoke dip, and started assembling my Spinach & Artichoke Quesadillas! I couldn’t wait to finish them for the football viewing party we were hosting for our friends over the weekend!
After you get them all assembled, it’s really simple – just cook them up in the skillet, flipping after a few minutes, until they are lightly browned and the cheese is melted. You could pre-make these if you want, say, if you are serving them for a party, but I would recommend assembling, then refrigerating. Right before the party I would crisp them up in the skillet, cut, and then serve. That way the tortillas will stay crispy.
These Spinach & Artichoke Quesadillas are the perfect party food! You could even slice them into 8 pieces, instead of four, for more of a one bite appetizer!
- 1/4 TBS oil
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 TortillaLand flour tortillas (found at Costco)
- 1. Using a large skillet, cook 8 tortillas as directed on package (just heat on each side for 60 seconds).
- 2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the artichoke pieces and cook for one minute. Reduce heat to medium, add in the spinach, and cook until wilted, turning often. Mix in the cream cheese and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, and let it melt entirely while stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 3. Assemble your quesadillas: Spread about 1/4 cup of the mixture on 4 of the tortillas, then top with remaining tortillas.
- 4. *Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add each quesadilla and heat for 1-2 minutes per side, until crisp; careful not to burn.
- 5. Remove from skillet and repeat for all quesadillas. Cut into 4ths and serve.
- *If your tortillas are already crispy enough, you can just add filling, and serve immediately.
Thanks for visiting!