I’m not sure who came up with the genius combination of spinach, artichokes, and cheese, but geez were they onto something! This is pretty much the most winning combination EVER. If I could pick 2 veggies to throw together at all times, it would be these two bad boys. One night after work, I was rushing trying to figure out exactly what to make for dinner (I clearly didn’t meal plan that week – doh!), and I had some left over baby spinach and naan breads I had whipped up earlier in the week. A light bulb went off, and luckily, I also had a jar of artichoke hearts in my pantry. Bada bing, bada boom- Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads were born.
These Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads are super simple to make, and really really delicious. After I was done, I really wished I had made extra to snack on for dessert, but instead, I just made a mental note to make more next time. So good. They key here is using fresh baby spinach; I really can’t stand frozen spinach for whatever reason…it always has a funny taste to me. I think using the fresh spinach keeps it really flavorful and green (literally)! I also always recommend that you use blocks of cheese, and then grate it yourself. The consistency is much better when it melts, but if you don’t have time, or want the convenience of a bag of pre-shredded cheese, go for it. Either way, I think they will turn out delicious!
- 2 naan breads (homemade or premade)
- 3 TBS cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped roughly
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place both naan's onto a parchment lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and garlic, mixing until pretty well combined. Divide in halves, and then spread onto the top of each naan. Add 1 1/2 cups baby spinach to the top of each flat bread (It will look like a big pile, but will cook down), then top with artichokes (1/4 cup on each), then mozzarella cheese (half on each), and then parmesan cheese. Sprinkle pepper and and salt over the top of each flatbread.
- 2. Place in center of oven, bake for 10-14 minutes, or until getting a bit browned and cheese is melted.
- 3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Like flatbreads as much as I do? Check out these other recipes on Domestic Superhero (click on photo for recipe):
Thanks for visiting!