Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter takes only 3 minutes to make, and is a delicious fall recipe that’s perfect on toast, biscuits, or in your favorite dessert!
Pumpkin Butter is a fall inspired recipe that uses pumpkin puree, spices it up, and makes it a delicious savory, sweet, spiced spread. Use canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree (this recipe is AMAZING and quick!), and this Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter is done in just 3 minutes!
What is Pumpkin Butter?
Pumpkin Butter is a seasonly spread that is basically pumpkin puree mixed with spices and apple juice, then cooked to thicken it into more of a spread. It’s delicious year round, but when pumpkins are in season, you will see this pop up everywhere! Save money and know exactly what is in your pumpkin butter by making it at home!
Making Pumpkin Butter in the instant pot is SO easy! I recommend a 3 quart Instant Pot or 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe, but if you want to make a larger batch you could also use the 8 quart Instant Pot.
How to make Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter:
**Scroll down for full ingredient list and directions**
- Add all ingredients to the instant pot, and whisk everything together. Turn the instant pot on, seal the valve, and turn on manual/high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Even though the time is set for 3 minutes, it will take about 5-10 minutes for the pot to ‘come to pressure’ – be patient and the time will start counting down shortly.
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally (don’t flip the valve) for 5 minutes. Release the remaining pressure then carefully remove the top. Stir the pumpkin butter and allow to cool.
Is Pumpkin Butter Healthy?
- While Pumpkin Butter does have some sugar, it is generally a good choice when it comes to topping toast, waffles, and biscuits. With only 34 calories per serving, and 2 net carbs it is a good choice. Pumpkin puree contains a ton of vitamin A so that is great as well.
- I like using pumpkin butter because it keeps my sweet tooth in check and feels like an indulgent topping, even though it doesn’t pack in the calories.
How to store and freeze pumpkin butter:
- Pumpkin Butter will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks. Keep in a sealed container and use a clean knife whenever you dip into the butter.
- Freeze pumpkin in an airtight freezer bag or a freezer safe container. Should keep in the freezer for up to 12 months. Great for enjoying pumpkin butter all year long!
How to make Pumpkin Butter on the stovetop:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pot and turn on medium high heat. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then turn the heat down to low. Simmer and stir frequently for 30 minutes.
How to use pumpkin butter:
- Use pumpkin butter on your favorite breakfast foods – spreads deliciously on toast, waffles, pancakes (with syrup YUM), biscuits, english muffins, and bagels.
- Add pumpkin butter to plain yogurt and top with granola – delicious!
- Use pumpkin butter in place of jelly on a traditional PB&J Sandwich.
- Pumpkin butter cheesecake! Make a traditional cheesecake and spread pumpkin butter over the top, then top with walnuts or pecan! YUM!
- Eat the pumpkin butter straight! Top with whipped cream and nuts for a decadent dessert!
- Savory pork chops! Cook up some pork chops and add pumpkin butter at the end for a pumpkin punch of flavor!
- Use pumpkin butter in one of these 35 delicious pumpkin recipes.
My favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese takes hardly any time to cook, is majorly creamy and delicious, and will become your go-to mac and cheese recipe!
- Instant Pot Salsa Rice is the perfect meal or side dish to your favorite Mexican inspired dinner! Filled with fresh vegetables and only 4 minutes in the Instant Pot and this rice is ready to eat!
- Instant Pot Roasted Garlic Hummus has only a handful of ingredients and is so delicious! Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe!
- Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken comes together in minutes and is so delicious! The classic spicy sauce is perfect on shredded chicken which can be used in rice bowls, salads, wraps, or however you want!
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a stunning dessert that comes together in no time! Not only is it amazingly easy, but it’s the best cheesecake EVER!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is ready to eat in just minutes and is super flavorful! No need to peel the husk; corn on the cob can be cooked directly in the husk and then removed without a mess!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter takes only 3 minutes to make, and is a delicious fall recipe that's perfect on toast, biscuits, or in your favorite dessert!
- 12 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 TBS granulated white sugar
- 1/2 TBS pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Add all ingredients to the instant pot (3 or 6 quart)*; whisk well to combine. Close the top and seal the pressure valve. Set pot to high/manual pressure for 3 minutes.
When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally (don't flip the valve) for 5-10 minutes. Carefully release the remaining pressure, then remove the top. Stir to combine and allow to cool completely.
Store in airtight/sealed containers in the fridge until ready to use. Can be frozen as well (see directions above).
*If using an 8 quart instant pot, you must double the recipe as you will not have enough liquid for the size of the pot.
Use homemade pumpkin puree (recipe here) for the best taste, but canned will work as well!
Makes about 12 servings (2 TBS each).
Nutrition: 34 calories, 0g fat, 8g carbs, 6g sugar.