Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a stunning dessert that comes together in no time! Not only is it amazingly easy, but it’s the best cheesecake EVER!
Now that I’ve had my Instant Pot for a while, I finally worked up the courage to try a recipe that was a little more out of the box. Making this Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake was such a breeze, and it came out creamy and so delicious! I will admit that I was reluctant to make it because I didn’t know how it would come out, but really, I should have started making these a year ago!
I have made several cheesecakes in the Slow Cooker (including this Butterfinger Cheesecake – YUM!), and they always come out fantastic. I am not sure why, but it took me a while to build up the courage to make cheesecake in the Instant Pot; it seemed intimidating. I think the Instant Pot in general seems intimidating, right? Once you get the hang of it though, you realize how much you were missing because it’s a game changer in the kitchen!
What you need to make Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- I have a 6 quart Instant Pot, but if you have a bigger family or like to make big batches, I recommend getting the 8 quart Instant Pot. A few other things you need
- A trivet. I recommend a removable trivet with handles, otherwise you will need to make a sling to remove your pan from the Instant Pot. A trivet with handles makes things MUCH easier!
- A springform pan to make the cheesecake. A 6 inch or 7 inch springform pan will work in the 6 quart instant pot (and 8qt as well). A springform pan has a removable bottom that will allow you to release the cheesecake from the pan without making a HUGE mess.
How to Make Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
**Scroll all the way down for FULL ingredient list and directions**
- Make the crust – it’s easy. I used Peanut Butter Cookies (like Nutter Butters), and crushed them in a food processor. Mix the crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of the spring form pan. Pop it in the fridge.
- Want to mix it up? Use Oreo or graham cracker crumbs as the crust!
- Mix the cream cheese filling together using a hand mixer or by hand – do not over-mix. Next you will mix some of the cheesecake filling with creamy peanut butter.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the crust, then add the peanut butter cream cheese filling over the top and spread it carefully. It doesn’t need to be perfect!
- Add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the instant pot, place the cheesecake on top of the silicone rack, then lower carefully into the pot. Close the lid, make sure the valve is sealed, then cook the cheesecake on manual for 22 minutes.
- It will take some time to build up to pressure, then the time will begin to count down.
- Once the time is done, let the pressure release naturally (don’t flip the valve) for 10-15 minutes. Release remaining pressure and remove the top.
- There may be some condensation on the top of the cheesecake, just use a paper towel to carefully damp the water off the top. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 8 hours (preferably over night).
- Make the fudge topping.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and then spread the topping over the cheesecake. Top with cut up Peanut Butter Cups. Slice and serve!
- Want the perfect slice? Run a non-serrated knife under hot water for 30 seconds. Dry and then slice pressing hard all the way down in one motion. Clean and run the knife under hot water between each slice.
Now, you HAVE to trust me. This Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is EASY to make! Since the Instant Pot steams the cheesecake in order to cook it, the result is a deliciously smooth creamy filling. Anyone who likes peanut butter is going to go CRAZY over this Peanut Butter Cheesecake! Don’t be intimidated, JUST GO FOR IT! My ONLY complaint about making instant pot cheesecake is that it’s small! Although, with this amount of decadence, probably the smaller amount the better!
I can’t wait to try ALL THE CHEESECAKES IN THE INSTANT POT!!! Yes!!!
My favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy healthy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Great for tacos, salads, rice bowls, or just plain!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus has only a handful of ingredients! Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe!
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter takes only 3 minutes to make, and is a delicious fall recipe that’s perfect on toast, biscuits, or in your favorite dessert!
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese takes hardly any time to cook, is majorly creamy and delicious, and will become your go-to mac and cheese recipe!
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf: In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
- Instant Pot Thai Lettuce Wraps (pork or chicken) can be made with pork or chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker! Juicy pork or chicken covered in an easy Thai peanut sauce makes the perfect healthy easy dinner!
- Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons is the perfect comfort food without any guilt! Make it in the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or on the stove top!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup is rich with flavor and takes only a fraction of the time to make. Warm up on a cold day with this major comfort food
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a stunning dessert that comes together in no time! Not only is it amazingly easy, but it's the best cheesecake EVER!
- 10 peanut butter cookies (like Nutter butters) , crushed/processed
- 3 TBS butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
Grease springform pan. Mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Pour into springform pan, press firmly on the bottom and a little bit on the sides. Refrigerate.
Add softened cream cheese to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until the cream cheese is smooth with no clumps. Add sugar, beat to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one to incorporate completely. Set aside.
In a small bowl, place 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture and add 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter. Using a fork stir until completely combined. Set aside.
Add chopped peanut butter cups into the plain cheesecake filling bowl, fold to combine.
Remove the crust from the fridge. Pour the plain cream cheese filling into the crust, then add the peanut butter cream cheese filling over the top and spread carefully. It doesn't need to be perfect!
Once the time is done, let the pressure release naturally (don't flip the valve) for 10-15 minutes. Release remaining pressure and remove the top.
Use a paper towel to carefully damp any water off the top of the cake. Refrigerate the cheesecake at least 8 hours (preferably over night).
In a small saucepan, heat the heavy whipping cream. Bring it to a slow boil, over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Once boiling, remove from heat.
Add chocolate to a small bowl, then slowly pour the heated heavy cream over the chocolate. Let it for 5 minutes, then whisk to combine. Whisk until completely smooth. Let cool 10 minutes.
Pour the chocolate topping into the center of the cake. Spread over the top, letting the chocolate run down the sides. Add chopped peanut butter cups over the top of the cake.
Serve and enjoy!
Refrigerate when not serving. Will keep 1 week in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Delicious Under Pressure.
Feel free to use 1/3 less fat cream cheese for a reduced fat/calorie version.