In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
Making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot is EASY. I use them all the time in my salads, as snacks, or in my kid’s lunches. However, if you are going to need A LOT of hard boiled eggs, you HAVE to try this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf. Making an egg loaf means no peeling the hard boiled eggs and no fuss! Making the instant pot hard boiled egg loaf takes only 5 minutes, and is an awesome instant pot hack! I love using these no peel eggs in my favorite Classic Egg Salad recipe and my No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad! Don’t want to make an egg loaf? Checkout how to make The Best Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs!
How to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf:
- Using a small bowl or baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, crack the eggs into the bowl. I used 8 eggs, but you could do more if you need more.
- Place 1 cup of water into the instant pot. Place steam rack into the bottom of the pot, and place the bowl on top of the steam rack.
- Close the instant pot and make sure the pressure release is in the sealed position. Cook on manual or high pressure for 5 minutes. When the time is up, allow the instant pot hard boiled egg loaf to natural release the pressure for 5 more minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
- If you are using a smaller bowl (less than 7 inches) or more than 8 eggs, you may need to add 2-3 more minutes.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the instant pot (this is why a removable steam rack with handles comes in handy) from the IP, and slide the eggs onto a cutting board.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs up! Don’t want to CHOP up the eggs? Use a cheese grater to grate the eggs, use a pastry blender to slice the eggs, or use a wire rack and PUSH the eggs through! All awesome HACKS!
Tips for making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf:
- You should remember when using the Instant Pot, that the time it takes to cook the recipe (5 mins), is not the total time of the recipe. You need to give the pot some time to ‘come to pressure’.
- Be sure to spray the dish you use to cook the eggs with nonstick spray. If you don’t, it will be a mess to remove them. Spraying the dish slightly allows the eggs to side right out!
- You need to use an oven safe baking dish inside your instant pot. I like this 24 ounce dish that is 7 inches in diameter. This will fit in the 6qt or 8qt Instant Pot models.
- Use a removable steam rack inside your Instant Pot. A removable steam rack has handles that allows you to pull the bowl out on the rack, making it super easy to remove. I like this silicone removable steam rack.
- I have a 6qt. Instant Pot that I make the Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg loaf in, but you could also use the 8qt. Instant pot. I suggest the 8 quart instant pot if you have a bigger family.
Recipes to use the Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf:
- Classic Egg Salad is the perfect lunch or dinner; light, delicious, and has tons of modification options! This is the best and easiest Egg Salad recipe!
- NO MAYO Avocado Egg Salad is the healthiest version of Egg Salad! Cut out the fatty mayonnaise by using creamy avocado and Greek yogurt for the best egg salad!
- The Most Amazing Instant Pot Potato Salad– This is the most amazing Instant Pot potato salad you’ll ever make in just 5 minutes! Loaded with eggs and pickles it’s the perfect side dish to any meal.
- Perfect Pesto Egg Salad- This crowd pleasing (mayo-free) Perfect Pesto Egg Salad will knock your socks off. 5 simple ingredients and you have yourself and light, flavorful lunch that is great any time of year.
- Pair these eggs with the BEST Air Fryer Bacon or Microwave Bacon!
More of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce wraps are the perfect healthy chicken recipe! Make the spicy chicken in just minutes, then load up fresh lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings!
- Best vegetarian instant pot recipes; From side dishes to main dishes, and a variety of cuisines, there is definitely something for everyone!
- Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes are full of cheese, bacon, and green onions! Ultra creamy and delicious, these are the best loaded mashed potatoes!
- Instant Pot Garlic Hummus has only a handful of ingredients! Save money and know exactly what’s in your food with this recipe!
- Instant Pot Asian Pork cooks up in just minutes, and is the perfect healthy dinner! Use the juicy meat in lettuce wraps, sliders, or a salad!
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup is rich with flavor and takes only a fraction of the time to make. Warm up on a cold day with this major comfort food.
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
- Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup – It is rich, creamy, and delicious and has all of the comforting flavors of a loaded baked potato!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
In five minutes you can have a whole bunch of hardboiled eggs which are perfect for egg salad! No peeling or ice bath for this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Loaf!
- non stick spray
- 8-12 large eggs
Using a 7 inch oven safe small bowl or baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, crack the eggs into the bowl.
Close the instant pot and make sure the pressure release is in the sealed position. Cook on manual or high pressure for 5 minutes.
When the time is up, allow the instant pot hard boiled egg loaf to natural release the pressure for 5 more minutes, then flip the switch to release the remaining pressure.
Carefully remove the bowl from the instant pot (this is why a removable steam rack with handles comes in handy), and slide the eggs onto a cutting board.
Chop up the hard boiled eggs. Use as needed.
I used 8 eggs in my bowl, but you can easily use up to 12 eggs (add 3 additional minutes if using 12 eggs).