Microwave bacon doesn't stink up your house, is a time saver, and no mess! It's good for any meal, and you don't need any extra ingredients or equipment!
Microwaving bacon can come in handy when you are needing it for a specific recipe or you want some no-fuss quick bacon. Adjust the time to make the bacon softer or more crispy, it's easy. I love making bacon in the air fryer, but I use the microwave method all the time for quick effortless bacon!
Use this quick and easy Microwave Bacon for breakfast alongside a Roasted Vegetable Frittata or Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs, Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls, or to use as a topping on Air Fryer Loaded Potato Skins, Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup or Air Fryer Baked Potatoes!
How to cook bacon in the microwave:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Using a microwave safe plate or baking dish, add 5 layers of paper towels on the bottom.
- Add bacon slices on top of the paper towels.
- Cover the bacon slices with 2-3 more paper towels.
- Cook in the microwave for 4-6 minutes depending on desired crispiness (less time will be softer bacon).
- Cook time can depend on wattage and model of microwave. Start with a lower time and add additional time for more crispiness.
- Carefully remove the plate from the microwave (it will be hot), then remove the layers of paper towels and discard. Serve bacon immediately or set aside to use in desired recipe!
Get your kids in the kitchen and they can help with this easy microwave recipe as well! A parent should be in charge of removing the dish from the microwave because it will be hot!
Can I make Turkey Bacon in the Microwave?
YES, but the cooking time is not the same. Turkey Bacon is already fully cooked so it just needs to be heated and it cooks FAST in the microwave.
- Place 1 paper towel on a microwave safe plate, and then place the turkey bacon slices on top. Cook on high for 45 seconds, then add more time if needed in 10 second increments. It will cook FAST!
- 5 bacon slices
Using a microwave safe plate or baking dish, add 5 layers of paper towels on the bottom.
Add bacon slices in one layer on top of the paper towels. Cover the bacon slices with 2-3 more paper towels.
Cook in the microwave for 4-6 minutes depending on desired crispiness (less time will be softer bacon).
Carefully remove the plate from the microwave (it will be hot), then remove the layers of paper towels and discard. Serve bacon immediately or set aside to use in desired recipe!
Cook time can also depend on microwave models. Start with a lower time and add time to increase crispiness of bacon.
My favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven, but when I'm short on time, I use this method. It's definitely the best way to get crispy bacon in a hurry!
katerina @ diethood.com
Such a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
This Microwave bacon is seriously making me hungry!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes
LOVE this! Can't wait to try it!
My mom always made bacon in the microwave!
wow! Microwaving bacon seems so easy. I've never tried before. Thanks for the tips!
I had no idea you could do bacon in the microwave until now! It turned out perfect.
Gave this a try and couldn't be more pleased! Turned out perfectly crisp and was so easy to boot!
This is such a great recipe! I can’t wait to share this recipe with my daughter!
Y'all will love it!
Thank you for the tips! This is such a nice recipe, I tried it and the bacon came out so crispy! I love it, it makes cooking bacon so easy to make.
I am so glad it was useful for you! It's really great in a pinch!
I used this method to make the bacon to top the Air Fryer Potato Skins in your other recipe! Worked like a charm! Thank you!