Instant Pot Almond Joy Cheesecake is a flavor packed dessert! Packed with almonds, coconut, and chocolate, this is an Almond Joy lover's dream!
Cheesecake in the instant pot couldn’t be easier. It takes very little effort and the result is amazing. The cheesecake is essentially steamed to cook, which makes the most delicious and creamiest cheesecake ever. Use up any extra mini Almond Joy candy bars for this recipe! This Instant Almond Joy Cheesecake will be your go-to dessert from now on!
I have made several cheesecakes in the Slow Cooker (including this Butterfinger Cheesecake – YUM!) and a few in the instant pot like this Snickers Cheesecake, and they always come out fantastic! It might seem intimidating to make the cake in the Instant Pot, but trust me, it’s EASY! Once you get the hang of it though, you realize how much you were missing because it’s a game changer in the kitchen!
Tools needed to make Instant Pot Almond Joy Cheesecake:
- Instant Pot: I have a 6 quart Instant Pot, but if you have a bigger family or like to make big batches, I recommend getting the 8 quart Instant Pot.
- A trivet: I recommend a removable trivet with handles, otherwise you will need to make a sling to remove your pan from the Instant Pot. A trivet with handles makes things MUCH easier!
- A springform pan to make the cheesecake. A 6 inch or 7 inch springform pan will work in the 6 quart instant pot (and 8qt as well). A springform pan has a removable bottom that will allow you to release the cheesecake from the pan without making a HUGE mess.
- A hand mixer to make the cheesecake filling
How to Make Almond Joy Cheesecake:
**Scroll all the way down for FULL ingredient list and directions**
- Make the crust – Take whole Oreo cookies and pulse them in a food processor until crushed. Mix the crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of the spring form pan. Pop it in the fridge while you are making the filling.
- Want to mix it up? Use graham cracker crumbs as the crust!
- Make the filling: Mix the cream cheese filling together using a hand mixer or by hand – do not over-mix. Fold in almond slices, chocolate chips, and shredded coconut.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the crust spread it carefully. Only fill pan ¾ of the way full. It will rise a bit and you don’t want it to spill over. Do not overfill!
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the cheesecake on top of the removable trivet with handles, then lower carefully into the pot. Close the lid, make sure the valve is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual or high pressure. Set the timer for 23 minutes.
- It will take some time to build up to pressure, then the time will begin to count down.
- Once the time is done, let the pressure release naturally (don’t flip the valve) for 10-15 minutes. Release remaining pressure and remove the top.
- There may be some condensation on the top of the cheesecake, just use a paper towel to carefully damp the water off the top.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 8 hours (preferably over night).
- After the cheesecake has set overnight, and before serving, make the topping. Mix chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds, whisk to combine. If it’s not completely melted, cook again for 15 seconds, and whisk again.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan (you may need to run a knife between the pan and the cheesecake to loosen it) and place on cake-stand or serving tray.
- Pour and spread the chocolate ganache topping over the cheesecake. Add shredded coconut, slices almonds, chopped Almond Joy candy bars, and then drizzle with extra ganache topping. Slice and serve instant pot almond joy cheesecake!
Want the perfect slice of cheesecake? Run a non-serrated knife under hot water for 30 seconds. Dry and then slice pressing hard all the way down in one motion. Clean and run the knife under hot water between each slice.
My favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy healthy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Great for tacos, salads, rice bowls, or just plain!
- Instant Pot Lemon Cake is the easiest and most delicious cake! Made in half the time and incredibly moist, you will never make cake another way!
- Instant Pot Carrot Cake is the most moist and delicious cake! This easy recipe is so quick and painless in the Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Chocolate Turtle Cake is easy, delicious, and frankly the best cake! It’s moist and decadent, and done in less than 45 minutes!
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal! Packed with pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in an ultra-creamy sauce makes this over-the-top delicious!
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is so flavorful you don’t realize it’s healthy! Make it vegetarian or loaded with meat, it’s up to you!
- Instant Pot Potato Soup is a delicious comfort meal. The soup is the perfect mix of potatoes, bacon, and cheese. In just a few minutes, dinner is served!
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Butter takes only 3 minutes to make, and is a delicious fall recipe that’s perfect on toast, biscuits, or in your favorite dessert!
Instant Pot Almond Joy Cheesecake is a flavor packed dessert! Packed with almonds, coconut, and chocolate, this is an Almond Joy lover’s dream!
- 1 ¼ cup crushed Oreo cookies, whole
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cups milk chocolate chips (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 TBS sliced almonds
- 4-5 almond joy candy bars, chopped
- homemade ganache
In a bowl mix crushed Oreos with melted butter until crumbs are all moistened. Dump mixture into a 6 inch or 7 inch springform pan. Press the crumbs down using a glass cup or spatula in an even layer, pressing up onto sides. Place in fridge while preparing the rest.
In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese and beat with hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and beat until mixed. Add one egg, beat until mixed. Add 2nd egg and beat until mixed. Add sour cream or Greek yogurt and beat until mixed. Fold in almond slices, chocolate chips, and shredded coconut.
Remove crust from fridge, then pour filling into the crust until it is ¾ of the way full. Do not overfill. Smooth top in an even layer.
Add 1 ½ cups of water to the bottom of the instant pot. Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet/rack, then lower carefully into the pot. Close the lid, and place the valve in the sealed position. Set the Instant Pot to manual or high pressure. Set the timer for 23 minutes. Once the time is done, let the pressure release naturally (don’t flip the valve) for 10-15 minutes. Release remaining pressure and remove the top. **There may be some condensation on the top of the cheesecake, just use a paper towel to carefully damp the water off the top.
Remove the cheesecake from the instant pot and let cool on the counter for at least 1 hour. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 8 hours (preferably overnight).
Add chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds, whisk to melt/combine. If it’s not completely melted, cook again for 15 seconds, and whisk again. Set aside
Remove the cheesecake from the pan (you may need to run a knife between the pan and the cheesecake to loosen it) and place on cake-stand or serving tray.
Pour and spread the chocolate ganache topping over the cheesecake. Add shredded coconut, slices almonds, chopped Almond Joy candy bars, and then drizzle with extra ganache topping. Slice and serve instant pot almond joy cheesecake!
Store covered in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to a week.
No Instant Pot, no problem - you can make this Almond Joy Cheesecake in the Slow Cooker:
- Add 1 inch of water to a large slow cooker (5, 6, or 7 quart slow cooker). Place a wire rack into the bottom (I used 3 rings from Mason jar lids to set it on), and then place the filled spring form pan on top of rack.
- Lay 3 layers of paper towels across the top of the slow cooker (hold tight so they don’t fall and touch the cheesecake), then place the lid on top.
- Cook on high for 2 hours (do not remove the lid at all during this time), turn off, remove lid and paper towels, and let stand for 1-2 hours or until slow cooker is cool. Place cheesecake in pan into the fridge and let set for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Continue with directions from how to make ganache and top cheesecake.