In an effort to spend more time as a family eating, we decided to throw together an Easy Cheesy Veggie Pasta Bake for dinner. Taking less than 20 minutes from start to finish, it is a super quick and easy family friendly meal. Who doesn’t love pasta, anyway?!
First, I boiled some water and added the noodles. While those started to cook I diced up some zucchini and mushrooms. When the pasta was about 2 minutes from being cooked, I tossed those veggies right into the water with the pasta, and let cook for the remaining 2 minutes.
Next, I drained the pasta/veggies, and then added them back to the empty pot. Then I added the Barilla pasta sauce (we love the tomato basil kind), a handful of mozzarella cheese, and mixed it up well.
Next I preheated my broiler on high, and dumped the pasta into an oven safe casserole dish. Topped with some more mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, then added a couple dashes of Italian spices on top of the cheese. I carefully put the casserole dish into the oven/broiler, and let broil for about 3 minutes (time will vary based on oven, just watch it) until the top was bubbling and starting to brown-yum!
I also toasted up some garlic bread on the side! Totally delicious! See below for a full printable recipe!
- I pound box Barilla pasta (your choice, I like spirals or bow ties for this recipe!)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8oz baby bella mushrooms, diced (other variety would be fine too)
- 1 jar Barilla pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- dried oregano, thyme, and basil leaves
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. When there is 2 minutes left before the pasta is done, add zucchini and mushrooms into pot. Cook remaining 2 minutes. Strain.
- 2. Preheat broiler on high.
- 3. Add Barillia Pasta sauce to pot, then add the strained pasta/veggies into the sauce. Mix well. Add 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese into pot. Mix well.
- 4. Grease a large casserole dish with cooking spray, and then dump pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with remaining 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle a dash of dried spices (oregano, thyme, and basil), over top the cheese.
- 5. Please in broiler and cook for 3-5 minutes. Watch closely as it can burn quickly and cook time depends on oven. When it is bubbly and browning, take it out.
- Serve and enjoy!
Things you might need for this recipe (aff links):
Like pasta as much as I do? Check out these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!