When I first saw the recipe for this Skinny Bruschetta Chicken I thought it was the perfect meal for a warm day. A couple weeks ago, it was still in the high 80’s here in Atlanta. I wish it cooled off earlier, but it does give me the chance to stretch those summer vegetables. With the basil still thriving, and tomatoes still at peak, this is a cheap, healthy, and easy meal.
You can chose whether to grill, bake, or heat the chicken in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper first, and then get cooking! By allowing the tomatoes to marinate while cooking, they really absorb a lot of the balsamic flavor, which is key when making bruschetta. I super loaded the chicken with the bruschetta topping, so if you put less, you might even have some left over bruschetta for later! Cut up a baguette and serve it together. Yum.
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts
- 4 or 5 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/8. tsp sea salt
- Handful basil, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (if you choose to bake your chicken rather than grill). Sprinkle some salt and pepper over top, cover and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of your breasts) until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and basil in a bowl. Refrigerate until chicken is ready to be served and spoon over top of the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + 1/3 cup bruschetta • Calories: 176 • Fat: 4.3 g • Carbs: 8.1 g • Fiber: 2.3 g • Protein: 27.6 g • WW Points+: 4 pts
Thanks for visiting!