It only takes a few minutes and three ingredients to make these Shortcut White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar cookies! They're perfect for the holidays!
The holidays are busy and sometimes there isn't enough time to make sugar cookie dough from scratch. That's why having shortcut recipes are so handy. These Shortcut White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookies only take three ingredients and hardly any time to make.
Using store bought sugar cookie dough is the key here. If you want to make it from scratch, go ahead, either way the cookies will be delicious!
How to make White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar cookies:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Get the ingredients together. Bake the sugar cookie dough according to the package directions.
- Melt the white chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring between every 30 seconds to melt.
- Chop the candy canes into small pieces.
- Dip half of the cookie into the white chocolate and then lay out on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle the candy cane pieces over the top and leave to set. Repeat for all of the cookies.
- Let sit at least 5 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
If you like baking around the holidays, try these other holiday cookies and treats as well:
- Holiday Reindeer Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Fudge
- Christmas Crack - Saltine Cracker Toffee
- Chocolate Fudge (3 Ingredients)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- Cranberry Lemon Loaf
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat)
Things you may need for shortcut white chocolate peppermint cookies:
It only takes a few minutes and three ingredients to make these White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar cookies! They're perfect for the holidays!
- 1 package Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough Roll VALUE SIZE found in cookie dough section (or regular sugar cookie dough)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips/melting candies
- 2 peppermint white chocolate candy bars
Prepare sugar cookies according to package directions. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes, or until firm.
Lay out 2 large pieces of parchment paper.
Melt white chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place into microwave, cook 30 seconds, stir, cook additional 30 seconds, and stir; continue until melted (shouldn't take more than 2 minutes total); set aside.
Chop up your peppermint white chocolate candy bars into tiny pieces, place into small bowl; set aside.
Dip each cookie, one by one, into melted chocolate, let excess chocolate drip off, place onto parchment paper; sprinkle peppermint white chocolate bits over the melted chocolate.*
Repeat for all cookies.
Allow to set on parchment paper; at least 15 minutes.
* I always dip about 5-6 cookies at a time, then sprinkle the chocolate bits; it's easier and the melted chocolate hasn't set by that time. I wouldn't do more than 6 at a time, though.
makes about 2 dozen cookies (depends on size)
*First published in December 2015. Updated December 2023.