Over the years, I have come to appreciate a good Halloween snack. There is so much candy on Halloween, that sometimes it’s nice to have some substantial food as well. I have been a lover of chunky cheese dip, and have been making it since I was a kid. The cream cheese and salsa pair perfectly with Spicy Buffalo Style Wheat Thins or regular wheat thins as well. It’s also a great dip for veggie sticks or chips. We LOVE it at my house. The best part about it is that it only takes 5 minutes to whip up, and then you can refrigerate it overnight for the best flavor. With only TWO ingredients in this dip, its frugal and a crowd pleaser.
Making this dip is simple- After grabbing the cream cheese and salsa, I headed to the cracker aisle to find some Wheat Thins that would be perfect for this dip- I chose Spicy Buffalo Style and Hint of Salt…any would be great though. I also picked up a couple packs of Halloween Oreos because they are so tasty and festive with their orange filling!
I quickly carved up a small pumpkin to give the idea of the pumpkin puking up the dip! I think it’s hilarious and hopefully so will your guests!
Of course I put out the Halloween Oreos too! Even though they have the orange filling, they have the same great taste!
Need more ideas for Halloween? Check these out:
- 24 ounces medium salsa any variety, I like chunky or restaurant style
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- Wheat Thins for dipping any variety
1. In a food processor/electric mixer/stand mixer (any of these will work), combine cream cheese and salsa. Process or mix until well combined and all cream cheese chunks are gone.
2. Place in a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving (overnight works great!).
I have tried this dip with low fat cream cheese as well and it works just as great!
Thanks for visiting!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.