Over at my house we just love Quinoa (specifically Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Quinoa). It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s super healthy as well. Being a vegetarian it’s hard to get enough protein in my diet sometimes, but quinoa definitely makes the job a lot easier. Plus, I love the taste of it…it’s a must whether you live a vegetarian life style or not. Quinoa is the perfect substitute when it comes to making rice. I knew when I saw this recipe from Damn Delicious that I had to make it asap! This ‘Fried rice’ came together so well, it’s been added to my rotation of recipes indefinitely! This dish is perfect a meal by itself, or as a side. Tonight I will be serving it along with some Easy Baked Tofu.
Back to the ‘Fried Rice’…it’s super easy, so lets get to it!
- 1 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 large fried eggs, chopped (pre-cook these)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head broccoli or 10oz frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 TBS ginger, grated
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and onion and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- 2. Add mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, and zucchini. Cook for a few more minutes until veggies are tender, stirring often.
- 3. Add corn, peas, and quinoa. Cook a few more minutes, mixing to distribute heat, until everything is completely heated.
- 4. Add soy sauce and stir to combine. Then add green onions and eggs, and mix until combined.
- 5. Serve and garnish with additional green onions.
- Serves 4-6
Recipe modified from Damn Delicious.
This recipe was such a hit at my house, and I hope y’all enjoy it as well! I even thought the left over the next day tasted great!
Love Quinoa as much as me? Check out these other great quinoa recipes:
Like Chinese inspired food as much as us? Check out some of my other ‘Chinese’ recipes (click photo for recipe)
You can also connect with me here:
Thanks for visiting!