Quinoa is one of my most favorite ingredients ever! It has many amazing health benefits with it’s abundance of protein, unsaturated fats, and essential vitamins and minerals. It even helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer (according to Eat to Defeat). Plus, I love the taste of it…it’s a must whether you live a vegetarian life style or not. Quinoa is the perfect substitute when it comes to making rice. This ‘Fried rice’ came together so well, it’s been added to my rotation of recipes indefinitely! This dish is perfect a meal by itself, or as a side. Tonight I will be serving it along with some Easy Baked Tofu.
Be on the look out this week, because I am going to post a really informative post about Quinoa!
Back to the ‘Fried Rice’…it’s super easy, so lets get to it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and eggs.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha, if desired.
- Serves 4-6
This recipe was such a hit at my house, and I hope y’all enjoy it as well! I even thought the left over the next day tasted great!
Love Quinoa as much as me? Check out these other great quinoa recipes:
Like this recipe? Head over to Domestic Superhero on Facebook for more!